Winter Classic Jersey/Sweater unveiled

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Regardless of historical aspects, I just think they missed the boat badly, with both of their WC jerseys.

Dull, uninspiring designs for both.

The color shades are dull, the logo (I understand where it came from) is dull.

I just wish they did a better job with each attempt, to be honest.

I see both of those jerseys and it never, ever even crossed my mind to purchase one.

It wasn't even a consideration to buy one for my kids, because I felt like I was throwing money away for an inferior product.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
My first thought upon seeing these?

BlindMelonBlindMelon.jpg

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
i like the logo, the sweaters shouldve been brown tho and i hope they add the lacing

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Looks like a long sleeve black sweater from JC Penny with shiny gold duct tape and a sticker on the chest.

Yeah, and theirs (the J.C. Penney ones) look like they're made in Honduras.:laugh:

Krejci and Chara look disgusted at the prospect of having to wear them in that picture....
Rask looks somewhat clueless.:laugh:
I wouldn't waste a dollar on those fugly things.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
At first I was like "meh"

But I dig them now! Although I wish they added more stripes, I like the look. I love the crew neck. Looks like a real sweater. At least it's different.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I like it for what it is, a one-off that's supposed to pay homage to their history. Really digging the "collar".

If they had to wear that every game it would be awful though.

Nov 6, 2007
Absolutely fantastic looking jerseys. Love the sweater style, crew neck collar.
I'm pretty sure MTL's yet-to-be unveiled WC jersey will have the same collar treatment.

And why do people want laces on the throwback sweater?
This jersey is throwing way back to the 1920's yo! 40 years before laces.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Not a fan, but it is much improved over the last one.
I think it could look better from the stands. It looks like the focus of the design was to be viewed from a distance.

Bruinaholic

Apr 22, 2002
Central CT
when i first saw the image posted on the Bruins twitter page i really disliked but seeing the pics from the tailgate and them in living color i am a fan and will probably buy one

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I like them as a nod to the origins of the franchise but I knew that nothing would live up to the Fenway jerseys, which are one of the best from the Classic and are still commonly worn wherever the B's play. The Flyers' jerseys from the WC in Philly were also not as good or popular as their Fenway unis(now their everyday sweaters).

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Are the numbers that reflective white crap that Buffalo used?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Pre-ordered my Bergeron this morning. This jersey's really grown on me since the unveiling. I really dig them now.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Absolutely fantastic looking jerseys. Love the sweater style, crew neck collar.
I'm pretty sure MTL's yet-to-be unveiled WC jersey will have the same collar treatment.

And why do people want laces on the throwback sweater?
This jersey is throwing way back to the 1920's yo! 40 years before laces.

Exactly.

24-25BosBru.jpg

Old school. Me likey.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Let me know when we start debating how much facial hair they should have and the color of their laces.

Oh...and their water bottles. What design will those have?

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Insanely horrible. Where is it written that just because you're an original six team, you always have to look backward and pay homage to the past with a retro look?

Bruins logo could use updating. Hasn't really changed much in 50 years.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Insanely horrible. Where is it written that just because you're an original six team, you always have to look backward and pay homage to the past with a retro look?

Bruins logo could use updating. Hasn't really changed much in 50 years.

Update the logo? Heresy.

Seriously, the Spoked-B is one of the most classic symbols in sports. It's perfect just as it is.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
There is no way those numbers will be on their shoulders. They are almost down on the forearm of the jersey. Dislike these so much. Was hopeful for more.
thumb.aspx

There is a clear difference in the photos of the authentic and replica jerseys regarding the location of the sleeve stripes and numbers. The authentic, player worn ones sit higher, just below the shoulder stitching. Even with that the numbers probably do sit a bit lower than with normal edge jerseys.

The picture above seems to be a replica and everything is lower on the arm. This definitely makes it look worse. I'm hoping the real ones won't be like that. All of the ones displayed at the event, from the pictures I saw were not this low.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They now have the jersey listed on Fanatics - and it's still $179.95. So much for the "exclusive sale only until Monday". Plus the 25% off sale is still going on, making it a slightly more reasonable $135. Not TJ Maxx prices, but probably one of the better prices you'll get.

No "authentic WC patch", but for $45, you can easily buy one and pay someone to sew it on, if that's a deal breaker.

Protip: Fanatics has these sales fairly frequently, and there are almost always multiple sales during December varying from 10-30%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad