Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Last thing Lfc need is another cam unless coutinho is leaving.

2wingers, cb, decent back up, dcm,

They don't need a striker but could use one if Benteke is sold. Sturridge when healthy is great and Ings is the prefect klopp type striker.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
next player heading to China: Jackson Martinez

45 million euros is the reported fee as well :amazed: So Atletico actually made a profit on him lol

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I had quite a few arguments about Jackson Martinez here.

3 goals at Atletico later, wonder what everyone thinks. He really is/was not that good, to get 45 million for him may be one of the worst transfers I've ever seen. Atletico's been given a war chest for somebody who does nothing!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If you feel that the English Premier League act to completely warp the world football transfer economy, some Chinese mob have paid 1.5 million for a boy from Hearts with 4 months left on his contract

Utter, utter lunacy

As I was saying

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
So 4 of the 5 most expensive transfers this window were paid for by a Chinese club. Jackson is possibly the least egregious of them by European standards.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I thought Martinez was 22ish year old. 29 years old is shocking.

That's why I always thought that fee was too high. If he was 3 years younger, the potential and longevity that go along with the fee would have been justified.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I don't see how this is sustainable in the long run. Shanghai couldn't even afford to pay Anelka or Drogba and they bailed within a year. Unless all these teams have suddenly gotten a huge influx of capital from somewhere this could just implode next year.

Thanks for taking Ramires at that price though. If they want Mikel at that price too, be my guest.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's sustainable in the sense that they have an expanding market for the sport and it rapidly increased the values of the clubs.

Not to mention the game (the economy) is rigged in China as the central government wants the sport to grow, so money isn't an issue.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I don't see how this is sustainable in the long run. Shanghai couldn't even afford to pay Anelka or Drogba and they bailed within a year. Unless all these teams have suddenly gotten a huge influx of capital from somewhere this could just implode next year.

They just signed a massive TV deal, $1.25 billion

Only the EPL has a higher TV deal, China's domestic TV deal is comparable to Serie A and bigger than Bundesliga. Hard to say with La Liga as the TV deal is not centralized.

Meanwhile MLS' TV deal: $720m/8 years (90m per year) and that includes USMNT matches, I doubt the league along would demand that money with its ratings

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Mahrez to Liverpool confirmed :sarcasm:

CaS_75OW0AAu_Qz.jpg

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Some of the players currently in China:

Asamoah Gyan
Jackson Martinez
Gervinho
Ramires
Paulinho
Gil
Stephane Mbia
Elkeson
Avraam Papadopoulos
Goulart
Renato Augusto
Jucilei
Tardelli
Fredy Montero
Guarin
Conca
Alan (Formerly of RB Salzburg)
Demba Ba
Momo Sissoko
Sammir
Tim Cahill
Kleber

Would imagine there'll be plenty more on their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad