Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I want these to be our permanent jerseys!

wpg1home.jpg

wpg1road.jpg

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Also cool they're inducting Sjoberg into the hall. It's been my impression he has a much lower visibility of the WHA group, almost certainly because of his early passing in 1987, so he is often overlooked, but by all accounts he was a key member of those WHA teams.
He was the best defenseman in Jets history.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I was born mid-70s, so I never watched him play. But growing up in the 80s and into the 90s, while you heard about Hull, Hedberg and Nelsson, probably Ab as well, but I didn't remember ever hearing his name.
Probably because he played defence. He was the Captain of the great teams and when asked how important was Sjoberg to the success of the Jets, Ulf Nilsson said "Very important, he was one of the best defensemen of all-time. "

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Also cool they're inducting Sjoberg into the hall. It's been my impression he has a much lower visibility of the WHA group, almost certainly because of his early passing in 1987, so he is often overlooked, but by all accounts he was a key member of those WHA teams.

Probably because he played defence. He was the Captain of the great teams and when asked how important was Sjoberg to the success of the Jets, Ulf Nilsson said "Very important, he was one of the best defensemen of all-time. "

It's really nice to see TNSE recognizing the Jets of the past by inducting them into the Winnipeg Jets HOF like they have and continue to do. The organization should be commended for doing so since it also demonstrates that they acknowledge the fans who supported the team and who cherished those players. I'm glad to see that Ab McDonald will be inducted and really happy to see Lars-Erik Sjoberg inducted as his contribution to hockey in Winnipeg should have been recognized long ago. He was instrumental in quarterbacking the Hot Line from the back-end allowing them to perform their magic up-front. He was immensely talented and didn't receive the recognition in the hockey world that he should have received like Borje Salming did. Anyway, kudos to True North for another class move.

:jets

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
It's really nice to see TNSE recognizing the Jets of the past by inducting them into the Winnipeg Jets HOF like they have and continue to do. The organization should be commended for doing so since it also demonstrates that they acknowledge the fans who supported the team and who cherished those players. I'm glad to see that Ab McDonald will be inducted and really happy to see Lars-Erik Sjoberg inducted as his contribution to hockey in Winnipeg should have been recognized long ago. He was instrumental in quarterbacking the Hot Line from the back-end allowing them to perform their magic up-front. He was immensely talented and didn't receive the recognition in the hockey world that he should have received like Borje Salming did. Anyway, kudos to True North for another class move.

I completely agree with you.

Reactions: DowntownBooster

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Or this one.

DtWpxs8UUAAPGlw.jpg:large

I like this version as well since the original Jets blue jerseys did not have the white shoulder yoke. It would still be nice to see either version of these jerseys with red numbers and white border to help authenticate the look from original Jets jerseys. However, upon review of the all blue jersey I have to say I don't like how the shoulder yoke color doesn't match the blue on the rest of the jersey. Not sure why the fabric can't be the same for the entire jersey. In that regard, I somewhat prefer the version with the white shoulders since the difference in fabric doesn't matter as much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guardian17

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I want these to be our permanent jerseys!

wpg1home.jpg

wpg1road.jpg

To closely resemble the Rangers to me.

This comment about the jerseys too closely resembling the Rangers is always brought up and I'm not sure why. The blue used by the Rangers is a different shade and the striping pattern across the arms and at the bottom of the jersey differs as there is a separation between the white and red stripes on the Jets blue jerseys. Also, the numbers on the Jets jerseys do not have the dropshadow like that used by the Rangers. There is clearly enough of a difference that it would cause no more confusion than Pittsburgh and Boston both wearing black and yellow. To further differentiate the Jets and Rangers uniforms, the Jets could always go with red helmets like they used to wear in the WHA.

Rangers47.png

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This comment about the jerseys too closely resembling the Rangers is always brought up and I'm not sure why. The blue used by the Rangers is a different shade and the striping pattern across the arms and at the bottom of the jersey differs as there is a separation between the white and red stripes on the Jets blue jerseys. Also, the numbers on the Jets jerseys do not have the dropshadow like that used by the Rangers. There is clearly enough of a difference that it would cause no more confusion than Pittsburgh and Boston both wearing black and yellow. To further differentiate the Jets and Rangers uniforms, the Jets could always go with red helmets like they used to wear in the WHA.

Rangers47.png

I agree.

I've never understood the argument that just because one jersey resembles another, it should be rejected.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Almost thought these were real for a second :(
This is really nice IMO - I definitely prefer the white shoulder yoke even though it's a bit different from the old ones

The jersey with the white shoulder yoke is relatively similar to those used by the Jets in their final 2 seasons in the WHA. Although I originally preferred the all blue jersey, I could accept the blue with white shoulders for sure.

6706_1978_79_lyle_mof.jpg

Reactions: jetsforever

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be very nice because they'll use traditional red and blue colours and the old style logos, which are much better.

We should be used to the fact that by now, TNSE doesn't give a f*** about we as fans want. They will milk us for all these nice 3rd and heritage jerseys while we continue to wear the shitty ones that TNSE created in 3 weeks in 2011. Because it's "there's". Remember these are the same geniuses that wanted to name the team the Polar Bears.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be very nice because they'll use traditional red and blue colours and the old style logos, which are much better.

We should be used to the fact that by now, TNSE doesn't give a **** about we as fans want. They will milk us for all these nice 3rd and heritage jerseys while we continue to wear the ****ty ones that TNSE created in 3 weeks in 2011. Because it's "there's". Remember these are the same geniuses that wanted to name the team the Polar Bears.
bad-taxidermy.jpg

Reactions: macmaroon

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

We should be used to the fact that by now, TNSE doesn't give a **** about we as fans want. They will milk us for all these nice 3rd and heritage jerseys while we continue to wear the ****ty ones that TNSE created in 3 weeks in 2011. Because it's "there's". Remember these are the same geniuses that wanted to name the team the Polar Bears.

So in one sentence you say TNSE doesn't care what the fans want, then in another you say they wanted to name the team the polar bears (which they didn't because the fans wanted the Jets).

And for the record, Chipman said he was considering using the name bears, not polar bears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad