Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think the jerseys look fine.

They are just fine.

I don't dislike them as much as I first did. The wordart is good.

But all in all, they are bland, bland, bland.
IMO, the third jersey should usually aim to be more dramatic and impactful than the regular one. It should be something like saying, 'this is our regular jersey. We chose it from the array of possibilities as the all around best option. We like it and are proud of it. But here is one where we just went a little crazy.' This 3rd jersey is more like saying, 'if you think our regular jersey is a little too understated, this one should show you why we chose the first one.' :laugh:

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

IMO, the third jersey should usually aim to be more dramatic and impactful than the regular one. It should be something like saying, 'this is our regular jersey. We chose it from the array of possibilities as the all around best option. We like it and are proud of it. But here is one where we just went a little crazy.' This 3rd jersey is more like saying, 'if you think our regular jersey is a little too understated, this one should show you why we chose the first one.' :laugh:
Yeah but this is Winnipeg, head to toe aviator blue qualifies as "crazy here. :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I absolutely loathed the new jersey at first. Then I saw a picture here of a one proud fan who had received his as a gift from his girlfriend or something and he looked so happy wearing it I couldn't hate the jersey anymore :D

Still don't like them though. Also the Jets seem to be wearing them an awful lot for a 3rd jersey?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

This is exactly how I feel.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I absolutely loathed the new jersey at first. Then I saw a picture here of a one proud fan who had received his as a gift from his girlfriend or something and he looked so happy wearing it I couldn't hate the jersey anymore :D

Still don't like them though. Also the Jets seem to be wearing them an awful lot for a 3rd jersey?

14 games total this season.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Crazy to think I disliked them at first. It was the jersey I wore at the first of the global series games.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

I can see them becoming the primary jersey soon. Then in a few years, they will trot out a 3rd jersey we will all like. Maybe something retro like this. :sarcasm:

thumb.aspx

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Still keep looking in my local Walmart for the 19.99 3rd jerseys rack :naughty:

that being said I am glad others are enjoying them, I just find they look bland and cheap.

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Shout out to Jet for calling everything. I wonder if the HCs will be a limited run, or if Adidas is going to mass-produce these? I hope it's the latter, so I can get another one come playoff time at a discounted price. I still have my original one, but I guess the left arm came into contact with some velcro and now the shoulder is starting to fray.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I quite like these updated Heritage jerseys. The fibrous material reminds of the white USA jerseys a few years back that had navy shoulders as well.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets just announced the Heritage Classic jersey will be making an appearance for games on Dec 31st and Feb 26th. It will be a new Adidas version, on sale Friday

Thanks for posting that LB. I'm pleased the Jets will be wearing the HC jerseys twice this season as I was only expecting that they'd wear them once. Such nice looking jerseys! Glad to hear that they will be inducting Ab McDonald and Lars-Erik Sjoberg in the Winnipeg Jets HOF. :thumbu:

:jets

Reactions: Guardian17

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
They are inducting Ab McDonald and Lars Erik-Sjoberg in the Jets HOF that night, hence the return to the heritage.

I really wouldn't mind a new version of the 80s Jersey, I need one

I'm a little surprised they'd show Sjoberg wearing the 80s jersey when he only played one season in the NHL whereas he spent 5 years with the Jets in the WHA.

images
b473d501ae52269f61f584b054b77fa8.jpg

:jets

Reactions: Guardian17

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Winnipeg Jets announce Hall of Fame inductees, Heritage jersey dates

"The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club will induct Ab McDonald and Lars-Erik Sjoberg as the fifth and sixth members of the Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame. To recognize the event, the Winnipeg Jets will wear their adidas adizero Authentic Pro Heritage jerseys on Alumni Night. It will be the second of two appearances of the Heritage jersey this season, the other being at the Monday, Dec. 31 away game vs. the Edmonton Oilers at Edmonton's Rogers Place. The jersey adopts the same look worn at the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. The Winnipeg Jets adidas adizero Authentic Pro Heritage jersey will be available online at shop.nhl.com, adidas.com, adidas.ca and at all Jets Gear locations, including its flagship store at Bell MTS Place, on Friday, Nov. 30."

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Personally I feel True North messed this one up. Ab McDonald was the first captain and scored the Jets first ever goal as well being from Winnipeg and they waited and waited to put him in the Hall of Fame until he passed away. They should have done this earlier.

Reactions: FFHockey

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
It's cool the Jets will be wearing the HC jersey on the road in Edmonton. Normally teams aren't allowed to be creative in their road jerseys. I take it that Edmonton will probably be wearing their blue alternate at the game.

Reactions: DowntownBooster

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2