Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
Humph.

The jersey looks much better with a name and number. But the only name they have is Laine - and I already have a Laine jersey!

But seriously, thanks for the info.
I'm sure you could buy a blank one and get it stitched later at the pro shop at BellMTS

*Sale ended yesterday, so the 30% promo code doesn't work anymore*

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Didn't like my first impression. But that's because I'm a 43 year old man. I hate everything the first time I see it. Now loving the colour, and it's going to be a fun temporary jersey to see a few games every year.

And the 90's jersey (my personal favourite) is coming one day. It's 100% inevitable. The wait will be fun. We JUST got the Heritage Classic jersey after what, 6 seasons? It'll be another handful before it comes. Patience.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It's a retro jersey - their "new" third is their dark jersey/logo from the 80s.

one_teamFlames89_06.jpg

It would be like if the Jets just rolled out their 80s jerseys as a 3rd. People would probably love it.

cut.jpg

Actually, the following predates the 80s Jets version and would be the equivalent to the Flames going retro with their 3rds. It would also match up with our Heritage Classic uniforms but the dark version.

40054.jpg

:jets

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Saw some dude walking down the street wearing the number 3.

It's even uglier than I thought. :eek:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I saw it in the Jets store the other day and I like it a lot now. I like the colour and how the striping matches the 90s jersey (my personal favorite). My wife is in love with it, I'll probably buy her one for Christmas. Not quite sure I need it for myself though.

Reactions: Jet

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maybe not the right thread but has anyone else noticed that Helly's new mask has a big picture of Buff on the side ? I laughed when i noticed that it looks sorta like Buff has his arm up doing the dip , like after he scored . :laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maybe not the right thread but has anyone else noticed that Helly's new mask has a big picture of Buff on the side ? I laughed when i noticed that it looks sorta like Buff has his arm up doing the dip , like after he scored . :laugh:

yeah it's actually Buff fishing, I love it. Goalies are so weird

Reactions: Jets 31

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I saw it in the Jets store the other day and I like it a lot now. I like the colour and how the striping matches the 90s jersey (my personal favorite). My wife is in love with it, I'll probably buy her one for Christmas. Not quite sure I need it for myself though.

Looks fantastic in person. I feel some ppl complain for the sake of it and i feel once again hfboards is the vocal minority.. Sure see lots of kids wearing it and plenty of adults too.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Looks fantastic in person. I feel some ppl complain for the sake of it and i feel once again hfboards is the vocal minority.. Sure see lots of kids wearing it and plenty of adults too.

Being popular with the masses is hardly an endorsement. If you like it, great. But don't marginalize the opinions of those who genuinely dislike it, or are at the least disappointed by it.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Thats fine. Just understand you are part of a very vocal minority.

Can you verify that's it's a very vocal minority? Are the new third jerseys selling as well as the Heritage Classic jerseys did when they first came to market?
I get that you like the new third jerseys and I think they don't look too bad either. However, the opinion from those in other markets about our new thirds isn't very positive from what I've heard and read. I'm not so sure if all the negative comments can be dismissed as a vocal minority.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I just wonder if they go with that same colour scheme if they weren't going to Finland. Just feels like a team Finland Jersey without any red on it. I did like it more in person but wished it said Winnipeg in the ribbon under the JETS script like it does on the hats.

Reactions: thereturn

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I just wonder if they go with that same colour scheme if they weren't going to Finland. Just feels like a team Finland Jersey without any red on it. I did like it more in person but wished it said Winnipeg in the ribbon under the JETS script like it does on the hats.

I feel like there is zero chance that the game in Finland influenced the design at all.

Reactions: jetsforever

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Can you verify that's it's a very vocal minority? Are the new third jerseys selling as well as the Heritage Classic jerseys did when they first came to market?
I get that you like the new third jerseys and I think they don't look too bad either. However, the opinion from those in other markets about our new thirds isn't very positive from what I've heard and read. I'm not so sure if all the negative comments can be dismissed as a vocal minority.

Oh shit if other markets don't like something about Winnipeg we might as well just close up shop :laugh:

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh **** if other markets don't like something about Winnipeg we might as well just close up shop :laugh:

No need to close up shop Jet.:laugh:
Seriously though, opinions do matter on issues like jerseys. It can be a barometer to management that they've missed the mark. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case with our new third jerseys. We all know the Islanders fishermen jerseys and the Sabres buffaslug jerseys were a flop even though someone thought they were a good idea. It's important to know what the market likes. The Bombers realized that when they went back to the royal blue (although probably reluctantly as they had to admit the navy blue wasn't what the fans wanted). Jerseys from teams are also sold in other markets so the choice of the design does impact whether sales will be strong or weak. I think it would be wrong to simply discount the negative feedback from others, that's all. I hope the new third jerseys sell well since the margin for error in our market is small.

Reactions: Jet

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
After 8 years of various jersey debates on Jets HF, I think it's safe to say there is no universal opinion on what constitutes great style.
There is nothing wrong with a little criticism, but judging by some reactions, you would swear Chipman is slapping people's grandmas around. It's just a hockey sweater. Mellow out.

Reactions: Turbofan and Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad