Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I have a little update as well. Talked to my buddy after hockey last night:
  • The blue in that dominates the Jets 3rd is called 'Aviator Blue' and is between Baby Blue and Royal Blue on the color pallette
  • The Jets will also wear the Heritage Classic jersey a couple of times in February, for what he called "heritage events" If I was guessing it would be some kind of player honors or even a game between one of our old Smythe rivals where they wear a throwback too? They will be making custom white jackets with the Jets HC logo and scheme. Not sure if they will offer them for sale but I might be able to get my hands on one *crosses fingers*
  • The Jets equipment manager is a pain in this guys ass :laugh: Of all the NHL teams, he is by far the most needy, wanting to see every piece of apparel in every color and asking for a bunch of custom ****.
I am really really tempted to show everyone my sketch because I feel it's been too long but I do not want to get my friend in trouble. I hope it comes out soon.
Hey Jet, didn't you liken the new 3rd jerseys to the Polar Bear ones the Moose wore? At least colour scheme-wise?

010916-Toronto-Web.jpg

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
My goal is to get every Scheifele jersey out there, no matter how good or ugly it is. I just added a second signed Scheifele jersey in my office, ones Reebok and the other Adidas.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Hey Jet, didn't you liken the new 3rd jerseys to the Polar Bear ones the Moose wore? At least colour scheme-wise?

010916-Toronto-Web.jpg

I really like the logo on these Jerseys but I just have an aversion towards light blue colours, it reminds me of the colour my father painted my bedroom when I was a kid. If it was a Royal blue like the Bombers jerseys I would be much more accepting towards the colour scheme.

Reactions: purdy44

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I really like the logo on these Jerseys but I just have an aversion towards light blue colours, it reminds me of the colour my father painted my bedroom when I was a kid. If it was a Royal blue like the Bombers jerseys I would be much more accepting towards the colour scheme.

Not a fan of light blue either and powder blue in particular. I agree about the royal blue of the Bombers and if that was used in the Jets 3rd jerseys this year I'd be okay with that. However, my favorite would still be the Heritage Classic uniforms.

:jets

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
More than that - this is the first official confirmation there will be a third jersey. We expected one based on an Adidas catalogue, and posts from Jet, but now it seems to be official.

Reactions: KillEmAll83

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Not a fan of light blue either and powder blue in particular. I agree about the royal blue of the Bombers and if that was used in the Jets 3rd jerseys this year I'd be okay with that. However, my favorite would still be the Heritage Classic uniforms.

Agreed, those uni's are simply beautiful. Old school yet modern in certain aspects, TNSE did a great job on those bad boys.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

To each their own I guess. I'm a big fan of powder blue (the old San Deigo Chargers unis are among my most favorite of any league). However, second to that is the royal blue of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Easily the worst is navy blue, which looks like a washed out version of dark grey. The Jets' current "polar" blue is sharper to the eye than navy blue, but not by much.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
To each their own I guess. I'm a big fan of powder blue (the old San Deigo Chargers unis are among my most favorite of any league). However, second to that is the royal blue of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Easily the worst is navy blue, which looks like a washed out version of dark grey. The Jets' current "polar" blue is sharper to the eye than navy blue, but not by much.

I have to correct myself on that DG as I agree with you regarding the San Diego Chargers uniforms. Their light blue jerseys were at the top of my list for NFL teams next to the Dallas Cowboys.

ladainian-tomlinson_pg_600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorenzo1000

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
Well, I think the "new logo" was revealed in the season seat package that arrived today. On the inside of the box, there is a large "Jets" script type logo. Also, the key chain included is the "Jets" in script logo. My guess is this exact logo will be on the new jerseys

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
You are correct. The keychain script logo we got in our season seat package is the logo on the front of the new 3rd jerseys.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I SAW IT!

I like it a LOT more than I thought. The color isn't actually powder blue, it's a shade darker than the Avs' blue.

The wordmark and numbers etc are white with thick black bordering. It's very simple but has a lot of visual pop. It looks to have shoulder numbers, but no patches. This is the replica jersey though - the authentic may have the Jets primary logo or wordmark logo on the top of the shoulders.

I didn't think I would like a script logo but it manages to capture the entire Jets history, which is pretty neat.

I made a rendering but I am certainly no artist, graphic or otherwise. If I know you - feel free to PM me and I will share what I made :D

Judging by what was "released" today, your intel is spot on. Good job, Jet

Reactions: purdy44 and Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad