Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Probably for the best. The draft was disappointing enough for me as it was. Based on your intel, I'm not expecting to be wowed by these jerseys. I'm not a big fan of teams using wordmarks. I would rather they had come up with a more interesting logo. Something that conveys motion and attack, like this effort (in Jets colours of course). Alas, then our 3rd jersey would look better than our primary ones, so I guess they wouldn't want that.

canada-marketing-sports-logo-design.png

These may be the worst Jets mock-ups I've ever seen.... Bleh.

Reactions: RedBar

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Just wear the old thrashers jersey with a different logo and change the text on the sleeve. Have the Thrashers logo as a patch somewhere.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I would rather they had come up with a more interesting logo. Something that conveys motion and attack, like this effort (in Jets colours of course).

Never been a fan of a band running down the length of the sleeve and dislike it even more when the stripes on the arm stop at the band. It's a real shame the Jets aren't going with the Heritage Classic as their third jersey since everyone seems to love them anyway.

:jets

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

This concept actually isn't too bad. I definitely like the fact there is no band running down the length of the sleeve. I'm not too sure about the need for a circular logo in this case as it actually might look better with just the script alone (maybe in white with a black outline). I do think that the jet airliner in the small circle above the script looks out of place. I know it's a homage to Jets 1.0 but in this case it just doesn't really tie in nicely. Would like to see a white jersey version (just to see what it would look like in contrast to the blue).

:jets

Jets2020

Jul 14, 2018
071918 jets set cj.jpg

Original Jets concept - a work in progress for a while now... reaching final form through genuinely listening to various graphic artists + Jets fanatics.

Always welcoming constructive criticism ~ for this Jets set +my lot of logos... ranging from rough to final draft.

Last edited:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Probably for the best. The draft was disappointing enough for me as it was. Based on your intel, I'm not expecting to be wowed by these jerseys. I'm not a big fan of teams using wordmarks. I would rather they had come up with a more interesting logo. Something that conveys motion and attack, like this effort (in Jets colours of course). Alas, then our 3rd jersey would look better than our primary ones, so I guess they wouldn't want that.

A Jet as a logo is already questionable in the 21st century. It's a plane constructed to be an efficent weapon of death. No way this would be created nowadays, the only reason the Jets have it is because it was created many decades ago in another time and therefore is looked upon differently.

But there is absolutely no chance whatsoever for a serious, legit, AAA sports franchise to literally have a BOMB as a logo in any way. Zero. And thankfully it is that way. We're talking sports here, not war. Thank god we're not talking war...

That fact alone makes this mockup amateurish.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Knights killed a lot of people...

Comparing a knight to a Jet in that way is just silly and you know it. A knight was a person with a specific purpose, similar to a policeman in the modern age. Sometimes that person kills for that purpose.

The other thing is an object speficially designed to be a precise killing machine. Do you really think someone would create a team called the "tanks"? Or "semi automatic rifles"? A Jet is kine of in a weird spot here - sure it mainly flies and is cool therefore. But let's not kid ourselves, its main purpose is to be as efficient as possible in taking out a specific target. Bottom line: yeah no, I highly doubt there would be someone naming their newly created AAA franchise "Jets" anymore.

Why am I even explaining this :laugh:

No reason to get defensive about it. That doesn't mean the Winnipeg Jets are bad or anyone here is a bad person for cheering for a war machine. Oh and before the argument of "but hey, there are Jets with no guns only for the means of transportaion" comes up - sure there are. But those are not the kind of Jets we're talking here.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I am so surprised the jersey still hasn't been unveiled. I can't wait so I can show everyone what an awful artist I am :P

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
Comparing a knight to a Jet in that way is just silly and you know it. A knight was a person with a specific purpose, similar to a policeman in the modern age. Sometimes that person kills for that purpose.

The other thing is an object speficially designed to be a precise killing machine. Do you really think someone would create a team called the "tanks"? Or "semi automatic rifles"? A Jet is kine of in a weird spot here - sure it mainly flies and is cool therefore. But let's not kid ourselves, its main purpose is to be as efficient as possible in taking out a specific target. Bottom line: yeah no, I highly doubt there would be someone naming their newly created AAA franchise "Jets" anymore.

No reason to get defensive about it. That doesn't mean the Winnipeg Jets are bad or anyone here is a bad person for cheering for a war machine. Oh and before the argument of "but hey, there are Jets with no guns only for the means of transportaion" comes up - sure there are. But those are not the kind of Jets we're talking here.

Respectfully, I think your Jet argument is a bit over the top.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Hey, our pro football team is called the Blue Bombers and we've got a junior football team called the Rifles. Don't forget our playoff slogan, Death from Above. We're just obsessed with slaughter here.

:shakehead

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Oh well, of course you got defensive about it. Not one giving an argument about why what I was saying wouldn't be 100% correct.

I should have known better. My bad.

Hey, our pro football team is called the Blue Bombers and we've got a junior football team called the Rifles. Don't forget our playoff slogan, Death from Above. We're just obsessed with slaughter here.

:shakehead

I said AAA sports franchise. None of your listed teams fit that category.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010

It just struck me (no violence pun intended - LOL), a knight and jet are a perfect comparison. Both were used as a mechanism for protection and enforcement, yet when required could also be lethal.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
And what about the wild? It encompasses all things wild, wild animals, wild jungle.

Lots of good people have perished in the wild.

And Sabers. And who wants a Predator living next door? And let's not forget about how venal and corrupt Senators are.

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
the majority of sports teams are named after something (vaguely) threatening. Kings, Mercenaries/knights, Native Americans (really? still?), Bandits, Carnivores, Birds of Prey, Bees, natural disasters. A team specifically named after a weapon of destruction is a little uncouth, though, in our current political climate. It is sort of grandfathered in.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
the majority of sports teams are named after something (vaguely) threatening. Kings, Mercenaries/knights, Native Americans (really? still?), Bandits, Carnivores, Birds of Prey, Bees, natural disasters. A team specifically named after a weapon of destruction is a little uncouth, though, in our current political climate. It is sort of grandfathered in.

Oh no you didn't :O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->