Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
My two cents.

As a species we are simply devolving into overly sensitive invertebrates who are more of a virus or plague upon it's home planet.

If you are offended by our team being called the "Jets" than may god have mercy on your soul or if you don't believe in god than may a meteorite strike you when you least expect it.

If I offended anyone, you can buy discount tissues at your local Dollarama.
yeah...tissues for your issues
no kidding about sensitivity sheesh can I say that :sarcasm:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Man, if they are going to keep the heritage jerseys around, why don't they just make them the official 3rds? I won't complain though - the more of those jerseys, the better
A lighter blue jersey will be interesting, I hope it's nice

Three symbols for your answer: $$$ :naughty:

Reactions: jetsforever

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hey Jet, didn't you liken the new 3rd jerseys to the Polar Bear ones the Moose wore? At least colour scheme-wise?

010916-Toronto-Web.jpg
No not really. The blue is darker than that baby blue and they are one solid color (outside the black bordered thick white striping on the torso and arms.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
anyone else think it's a bit too similar to the Wild's 3rd jersey logo?

wild_134.jpg

DluUchaUcAAu58H.jpg

It's the same idea but I think I like the Jets script logo better. The M on the Wild one is butt ugly. And I always hated that cream coloured border around the shoulders. If the Jets can avoid that I'll probably like the jersey just fine. Can't be any worse than that monstrosity the Hurricanes are trotting out.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
It's the same idea but I think I like the Jets script logo better. The M on the Wild one is butt ugly. And I always hated that cream coloured border around the shoulders. If the Jets can avoid that I'll probably like the jersey just fine. Can't be any worse than that monstrosity the Hurricanes are trotting out.
I don't want to digress, but I love these Minny uniforms. Very retro feel, and I'm a nostalgic, retro guy. :)

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Logos usually don't have their "impact" until they're on a jersey, IMO. I'll hold my judgement but as of now, it's a "Meh"

*DISCLAIMER* I'm still likely buying one lol

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
So far, I'm not too excited by it. Seems too cookie-cutter-retro to me. Anther jersey without red is also a bummer - add some red striping and red pants and even this jersey would really pop. Our regular jerseys are already (mainly) monochromatic and bland. 3rd jerseys are a opportunity to have more fun.

Ah well, like others, I will still probably buy one.

Reactions: pateramus

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
So far, I'm not too excited by it. Seems too cookie-cutter-retro to me. Anther jersey without red is also a bummer - add some red striping and red pants and even this jersey would really pop. Our regular jerseys are already (mainly) monochromatic and bland. 3rd jerseys are a opportunity to have more fun.

Ah well, like others, I will still probably buy one.
what's with the red fixation?
if anything, it would be pretty great if they looked at Bomber blue and some gold piping.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Boring and uninteresting. Meanwhile we have incredible jerseys from the 70s, 80s and 90s to work with and they douse us this lukewarm dishwater.

I get they want to have their own identity but the fans spoke and you named this franchise the Jets. Own it. It's what the fans want.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Boring and uninteresting. Meanwhile we have incredible jerseys from the 70s, 80s and 90s to work with and they douse us this lukewarm dishwater.

I get they want to have their own identity but the fans spoke and you named this franchise the Jets. Own it. It's what the fans want.
dude...
many many more years left to bring back the (awful) 90s logo. patience.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Am I the only person who isn't all that interested in a 3rd Jersey? I loved the Heritage classic but don't really think there is a need for another look again yet. Either way I am happy for those that find it interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad