Ok, give an example of one.
Recent "experimental" jerseys

Calgary - script logo
Colorado - triangle logo
Anaheim - orange
Islanders - black jersey
Tampa - Bolts jersey
Ottawa - Sens jersey

I guess some of these have a vintage theme.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
this gives us time to talk about some of the worst jerseys ever.

The Dallas Stars' 3rd jersey aka a woman's ovaries.

Mooterus.jpg

we know the obvious ones, like the Kings and Ducks 1980s' ones, so i will skip.

those Flames' horsey jerseys and their CALGARY script jerseys are horrawful as well.

Montreal deciding to wear those vintage jerseys weren't the best of ideas.
59441df5b7ca991364a4d5c9f383cb67.jpg

the Sabres sluggo jersey.
72834197.jpg

everything from the Coyotes and Lightening were awful up until the recent redesign.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
3rd jerseys are where jersey designers go to die.

The problem the Jets have IMO is that no 3rd jersey they could come up with will ever be as popular as the Heritage Classic jersey, unless it's just like that with some minor tweaks, then maybe. But when the popularity of the Heritage Classic is arguably better than the Jets day-to-day current game jerseys, any 3rd jersey is being set up for failure. JMO.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
3rd jerseys are where jersey designers go to die.

The problem the Jets have IMO is that no 3rd jersey they could come up with will ever be as popular as the Heritage Classic jersey, unless it's just like that with some minor tweaks, then maybe. But when the popularity of the Heritage Classic is arguably better than the Jets day-to-day current game jerseys, any 3rd jersey is being set up for failure. JMO.

You know what... I was going to say that yes, if they are continuing to sell HC Jerseys they're going to have real trouble moving a new third jersey.

But I just went to truenorthshop.com, and loe and behold - they are no longer selling HC Jerseys. I know they were just a few weeks ago during the playoff run.

With that being the case, I imagine they will sell a decent number of third jerseys as long as they look alright. Heck I might be tempted to buy one - I always thought they should have gone with a lighter shade of blue anyways.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Powder blue...I wonder if they'll pull inspiration from this one:

faffddb28359806e3c40aeec40e81220.jpg
Chipman has said that he really likes this jersey (and I do as well). I was the inspiration for the current jersey. However, I like the light shade of blue and the red and navy stripes. Have this with a red scripted "Jets" and perhaps a subtle image of a Jet, and you have something I'd buy.

Reactions: Lions67 and purdy44

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
Chipman has said that he really likes this jersey (and I do as well). I was the inspiration for the current jersey. However, I like the light shade of blue and the red and navy stripes. Have this with a red scripted "Jets" and perhaps a subtle image of a Jet, and you have something I'd buy.
Yeah, we gotta have more red in our jerseys (at least the 3rd jersey). I'm starting to get fatigued by all the blue-on-blue

Reactions: Jet and Guardian17

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
My god is that ugly

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
My god is that ugly

Kinda like the logo you're using as your avatar? :laugh:

Not really - just trying to represent it's all art - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I still do not like our primary logo or jersey. The arm stripes are so ugly.

Reactions: purdy44

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
That would be the perfect 3rd jersey for these Jets.
I love the HC jersey for the history of it.
WHA/NHL
But this 3rd jersey really works for the history of True North and it’s organization .

So I can easily see both 3rds living alongside each other.
Home run in my eyes.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He did....but I thought for sure there would be some type of shoulder patches on the jersey.

Keep in mind, I was looking at the replica jersey - the actual authentics might have something on the shoulders - I'd bet the primary logo

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Keep in mind, I was looking at the replica jersey - the actual authentics might have something on the shoulders - I'd bet the primary logo
Meh, all the replica's I've seen of NHL jerseys still have the shoulder patches, albeit of a lower quality.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Recent "experimental" jerseys

Calgary - script logo
Colorado - triangle logo
Anaheim - orange
Islanders - black jersey
Tampa - Bolts jersey
Ottawa - Sens jersey

I guess some of these have a vintage theme.

The Colorado one I thought was beautiful.
Anaheim's was a nice one for what it brought.
Tampa had a nice one, but if they removed the Bolts and put the Lightning logo in I think it would've been a keeper.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
So when do we think they unveil the new uniform? Since we don't have a first round pick on the Friday it
would have to wait until Saturday with less TV, makes me think they may wait until sometime in July when Laine\Trouba or Wheeler ink a new contract.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
they'll probably have a jersey release party at Grapes Pier 7.
ah, the good old days....

and to those that say that, like art, jerseys are objective...not really.
there's consensus. and there is sales data.

it's like claiming that sales back the fact that McDonalds makes the best burger in the world. and some pour soul who lost his taste buds in a lawn mowing accident may swear that the Big Mac's the greatest thing ever. but that doesn't make him both correct nor an expert.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
You are meaning to say that it is not subjective.

However, a uniform being liked is definitely subjective.

There can be more consensus about one over another, but people have different opinions about what makes a good uniform. Opinion can also change over time within the same person.

About as subjective as it gets. Go visit the Chris Creamer forums for a billion examples on the things that can make someone hate/love a uniform, and how opinion changes.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Sure, but if a mod asks me to vet my source, I can - can you?

It's cool, all will be revealed soon enough :)
Does your buddy have a ship date? Has he seen the things rolling off the presses? Something that could give us a reasonable guess as to when these things will be revealed/on the market?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Does your buddy have a ship date? Has he seen the things rolling off the presses? Something that could give us a reasonable guess as to when these things will be revealed/on the market?

He's been travelling for work. I don't think that Fanatics really gets insight on releases etc. since they aren't the primary producer.

I'd imagine it's going to happen pretty soon. I was hoping it was going to be during the draft but without a first rounder...

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
He's been travelling for work. I don't think that Fanatics really gets insight on releases etc. since they aren't the primary producer.

I'd imagine it's going to happen pretty soon. I was hoping it was going to be during the draft but without a first rounder...

Probably for the best. The draft was disappointing enough for me as it was. Based on your intel, I'm not expecting to be wowed by these jerseys. I'm not a big fan of teams using wordmarks. I would rather they had come up with a more interesting logo. Something that conveys motion and attack, like this effort (in Jets colours of course). Alas, then our 3rd jersey would look better than our primary ones, so I guess they wouldn't want that.

canada-marketing-sports-logo-design.png

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Probably for the best. The draft was disappointing enough for me as it was. Based on your intel, I'm not expecting to be wowed by these jerseys. I'm not a big fan of teams using wordmarks. I would rather they had come up with a more interesting logo. Something that conveys motion and attack, like this effort (in Jets colours of course). Alas, then our 3rd jersey would look better than our primary ones, so I guess they wouldn't want that.

canada-marketing-sports-logo-design.png
Sorry but that Logo looks like something out of The ECHL..way too cartoonish

Reactions: thegr8one66

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia