Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Probably for the best. The draft was disappointing enough for me as it was. Based on your intel, I'm not expecting to be wowed by these jerseys. I'm not a big fan of teams using wordmarks. I would rather they had come up with a more interesting logo. Something that conveys motion and attack, like this effort (in Jets colours of course). Alas, then our 3rd jersey would look better than our primary ones, so I guess they wouldn't want that.

canada-marketing-sports-logo-design.png

My 3 year old daughter just looked at this and said Ewwwww

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Probably for the best. The draft was disappointing enough for me as it was. Based on your intel, I'm not expecting to be wowed by these jerseys. I'm not a big fan of teams using wordmarks. I would rather they had come up with a more interesting logo. Something that conveys motion and attack, like this effort (in Jets colours of course). Alas, then our 3rd jersey would look better than our primary ones, so I guess they wouldn't want that.

Hate these colours and the primary logo, but I'm surprised to see the bomb logo. I had always daydreamed of a 3rd jersey based on a logo just like this, but without the stripes. I had been thinking of a "stealth" colour scheme. Like light grey on charcoal grey with really narrow white piping around the numbers and names so they can be read easily. Maybe a little on the upper edges of the bomb as a highlight to make it more visible.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Hate these colours and the primary logo, but I'm surprised to see the bomb logo. I had always daydreamed of a 3rd jersey based on a logo just like this, but without the stripes. I had been thinking of a "stealth" colour scheme. Like light grey on charcoal grey with really narrow white piping around the numbers and names so they can be read easily. Maybe a little on the upper edges of the bomb as a highlight to make it more visible.

Well, I did mention the logo being in Jets colours. And I wasn't proposing the bomb logo be part of it. This was presented to illustrate the concept of an attacking jet, not that I meant it had to look exactly like this in all details.

Edited to emphasize this point, because some people seem to be missing this completely. :help:

Last edited:

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

No sir. Don't like it. Don't care for the colours. It would fit right in if it was 1994, but not today. It looks straight out of a Power Puff Girls or Teen Titans Go cartoon.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Can't believe I'm saying this but I dig the color scheme and the jersey in general.....love the homage to the old school jets logo. It does need should patches though..perhaps the current jets logo?

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Can't believe I'm saying this but I dig the color scheme and the jersey in general.....love the homage to the old school jets logo. It does need should patches though..perhaps the current jets logo?

No, the red of the leaf would look out of place IMO.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
With The Jets not having a first round pick this year, a reveal of a potential 3rd Jersey has its limits... Perhaps Stastny wearing one at a media conference after he signs a long term deal with The Jets would fit the bill?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
With The Jets not having a first round pick this year, a reveal of a potential 3rd Jersey has its limits... Perhaps Stastny wearing one at a media conference after he signs a long term deal with The Jets would fit the bill?
odd time to announce that a player's back with the team.
i don't see a rush. guessing it would be at the end of the summer so that sales could naturally build up towards training camp. you also wonder if there's a gentlemen's agreement with the Bombers to do little to steal their thunder during the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->