Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
"At the draft" doesn't necessarily mean "on the stage with Bettman making a draft selection."
It doesn't but teams will want the most exposure possible when unveiling a new product. The most visible aspect of the draft to unveil a jersey is the first round when it is televised.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The Jets don't need help selling jerseys so there's no point doing it at the draft for "extra exposure". They can hold a press conference downtown and everyone will hear about it. The fewer things that overlaps with, the better. I'd guess it'll be in mid-July.

None

Feb 22, 2012
then kindly detail what "at the draft" means to you and how you see this being released.

The draft might be the earliest the NHL is letting teams show their jersey. Teams don't have any reason to hold off on their jersey because revenue for jersey sales is divided league-wide. Given that other teams have already announced that they're revealing theirs at a specific point in time it should be easy enough to infer that there will likely be more at that point in time, even if they're unannounced.

Expect teasers again, just like the original Adidas reveal.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I SAW IT!

I like it a LOT more than I thought. The color isn't actually powder blue, it's a shade darker than the Avs' blue.

The wordmark and numbers etc are white with thick black bordering. It's very simple but has a lot of visual pop. It looks to have shoulder numbers, but no patches. This is the replica jersey though - the authentic may have the Jets primary logo or wordmark logo on the top of the shoulders.

I didn't think I would like a script logo but it manages to capture the entire Jets history, which is pretty neat.

I made a rendering but I am certainly no artist, graphic or otherwise. If I know you - feel free to PM me and I will share what I made :D

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I SAW IT!

I like it a LOT more than I thought. The color isn't actually powder blue, it's a shade darker than the Avs' blue.

The wordmark and numbers etc are white with thick black bordering. It's very simple but has a lot of visual pop. It looks to have shoulder numbers, but no patches. This is the replica jersey though - the authentic may have the Jets primary logo or wordmark logo on the top of the shoulders.

I didn't think I would like a script logo but it manages to capture the entire Jets history, which is pretty neat.

I made a rendering but I am certainly no artist, graphic or otherwise. If I know you - feel free to PM me and I will share what I made :D
Aaaaand he delivers!
What is the structure of the jersey like? I mean in terms of like striping down the arms and shoulders and stuff

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I SAW IT!

Is it close to the Bombers home blue color ?

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Aaaaand he delivers!
What is the structure of the jersey like? I mean in terms of like striping down the arms and shoulders and stuff

White bands mid arm with thick border and white band along the bottom with the same border.

Reactions: purdy44

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
after seeing the lovely sketch of the jersey, the font is likely a take on this logo's font:
latest

Reactions: purdy44 and Jet

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
Hi Jet, any coloration of red in the design. With your description of light blue and white arm bands in mind, im worried it sounds like an alternative Maple Leafs Jersey. This my heart cannot take ;)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hi Jet, any coloration of red in the design. With your description of light blue and white arm bands in mind, im worried it sounds like an alternative Maple Leafs Jersey. This my heart cannot take ;)

No red at all. Just blue, white and black. I think red would have added some pop but it seems like they were looking to keep it really clean and simple.

PS for all who requested to see the sketch, I can't respond to everyone. Please know if I don't share with you I am not trying to offend. Thanks for understanding.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Oh wow I really didn't notice that until you reposted. Nice catch
for good or for bad, that's very subtle. too subtle, IMO.
also, this should be our shoulder patch (in teal and white) for our regular jerseys, not that horrible JETS wording. this so classic and lovely.

as an aside, go look at the 1950s CFL logos. they're all so damn perfect as shoulder crests.
d3b02043c88d6bd5b7983b9a646f7b99.gif

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
for good or for bad, that's very subtle. too subtle, IMO.
also, this should be our shoulder patch (in teal and white) for our regular jerseys, not that horrible JETS wording. this so classic and lovely.

as an aside, go look at the 1950s CFL logos. they're all so damn perfect as shoulder crests.
d3b02043c88d6bd5b7983b9a646f7b99.gif

Thanks for providing the picture of the CFL logos HannuJ.:thumbu: I like how all the teams (with the exception of Hamilton) incorporated a football into their logo. The CFL logo looks quite alright as well.

:jets

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for providing the picture of the CFL logos HannuJ.:thumbu: I like how all the teams (with the exception of Hamilton) incorporated a football into their logo. The CFL logo looks quite alright as well.

:jets

I like how the Hamilton one is the only one that remotely resembles the teams' present logos.

m.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Can someone who has gotten the sketch sent send it to me? I don't wanna overwhelm Jet

Reactions: s1g

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad