Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets @ the Detroit Red Wings Jan 13th maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
oof if ehlers is out will be interesting to see how the lines shakeout.

we already are thin at skilled, surefire top-6 wingers.

hopefully ehlers is able to suit up and everything is ok with him (and his fam).

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Does anyone know if Manaitoba has moved to the 5 day quarantine or our we still stuck on 10?

I think it's still the same across Canada, for travel. Either way Nik is out. Hopefully back by the next road trip, which starts in 8 days. If he got the bug, who else is going to test positive in the coming days?

Sounds like Harkins and De Melo are uncertain too. Are they stuck in the U.S right now? No word on Stastny is a bit concerning.

It's the year of adversity, see who manages it best. Guarantees Perfetti some ice time.

I hope if the forwards are decimated that Dave Lowry goes with 7 d to see what Heinola can do as well.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think it's still the same across Canada, for travel. Either way Nik is out. Hopefully back by the next road trip, which starts in 8 days. If he got the bug, who else is going to test positive in the coming days?

Sounds like Harkins and De Melo are uncertain too. Are they stuck in the U.S right now? No word on Stastny is a bit concerning.

It's the year of adversity, see who manages it best. Guarantees Perfetti some ice time.

I hope if the forwards are decimated that Dave Lowry goes with 7 d to see what Heinola can do as well.

I believe DeMelo and Harkins stayed in the states so they should be eligible on Thursday if they are negative by then.

I wouldn't be surprised to get some more positive cases prior to departure.

I guess tomorrow will be telling for Paul and Logan.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
between covid, the cold, and the Jets lukewarm future and current prospects I've never been so tuned out of the Jets in my life. Super depressing. I don't even look at the tv times anymore.

I am pretty much tuned out at this point. I don't even feel like coming to these forums to heckle bad takes anymore. :)

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
I am pretty much tuned out at this point. I don't even feel like coming to these forums to heckle bad takes anymore. :)

The way Guffman keeps coming into these boards to say he's pretty much tuned out reminds me of a girl we all talked about in my undergrad days. She dumped her boyfriend and then reportedly texted him every night to say she hadn't thought about him all day. True story.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The way Guffman keeps coming into these boards to say he's pretty much tuned out reminds me of a girl we all talked about in my undergrad days. She dumped her boyfriend and then reportedly texted him every night to say she hadn't thought about him all day. True story.

Ah. but who is the ex in this situation? Should we be texting @Guffman or should s/he be texting us?

Sucks that Ville is a Covid protocol scratch -- would have been great to see him get in a game against an entertaining but flawed team, should the game actually take place.

We are getting to the point of automatically testing intake now, and the numbers are truly shocking -- get jabbed and boostered, people. /end of PSA

Also, win, dagnabbit, you madcap Jets/ Moose/ awkward combo thereof (does even the team know who the team is anymore?)

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

I have all of 7 posts since December 18. I am not droning on and on about my lack of interest in the Jets. I think I mentioned it one other time, twice max.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Waiting for next Jets game...

D5aucluVUAANRRk.jpg

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
between covid, the cold, and the Jets lukewarm future and current prospects I've never been so tuned out of the Jets in my life. Super depressing. I don't even look at the tv times anymore.
Had hey beat Arizoa and Buffalo at home combined with a league average PK, they would be amongst the top teams in Central.

What do you think their problem is?

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
I have all of 7 posts since December 18. I am not droning on and on about my lack of interest in the Jets. I think I mentioned it one other time, twice max.

Yeah, sorry, my mistake. I was conflating your response with someone else's (#101) and a few others. That was unfair of me, sorry.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
You know what’s going to happen? Eventually all this COVID shit is going to fade away and all of the injured/ sick Jets players will be back and then we’ll play an awful lot of games. And then, with Maurice now gone, we’ll see what we have.
I can’t wait for some semblance of “normal” to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad