Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Stanley
Green
Stallard
Mckenzie
Berdin (USHL)

Stanley, Green, McKenzie, and Berdin are all eligible for another year of junior. Green and Stanley are very unlikely to return for overage years as they are signed, but it's not unheard of for a signed player to be returned for an overage year. McKenzie it could go either way. The Jets can let him go back for his overage year unsigned since he was passed over in his first draft year. Jets hold Berdin's rights for two more years. He was eligible for AHL/ECHL this year as well. Stallard is in his overage year this year and needs to be signed by June 1 or he goes back in the draft. It seems likely he will go unsigned.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lemieux with 2 more goals (up to 17g and 16a in 36 games), and 5 SOG. Also 12 PIM.

He's having an impressive, and interesting AHL season.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Examples?

Some slurs, and generally picking on teammates for mistakes. I remember one incident where he was benched for a shift (presumably because he was flying off the handle at the time), and Harkins (I think) went out in his place. He was yelling about him being trash and was losing us the game.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Stanley, Green, McKenzie, and Berdin are all eligible for another year of junior. Green and Stanley are very unlikely to return for overage years as they are signed, but it's not unheard of for a signed player to be returned for an overage year. McKenzie it could go either way. The Jets can let him go back for his overage year unsigned since he was passed over in his first draft year. Jets hold Berdin's rights for two more years. He was eligible for AHL/ECHL this year as well. Stallard is in his overage year this year and needs to be signed by June 1 or he goes back in the draft. It seems likely he will go unsigned.

I suspect it depends on if we move out some prospects. Otherwise there just isn't any room for him

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Some slurs, and generally picking on teammates for mistakes. I remember one incident where he was benched for a shift (presumably because he was flying off the handle at the time), and Harkins (I think) went out in his place. He was yelling about him being trash and was losing us the game.

Whelp, if true, ship him. Don't need that.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015

ooh I'd imagine Wheeler would squash that type of antics right quick

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is reminding me of something Doug McLean (at least I think it was him) said about Lemieux. He was coaching the team Lemieux was on in the CHL top prospects game. He said something like "the players on both benches wanted to kill him"

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
This is reminding me of something Doug McLean (at least I think it was him) said about Lemieux. He was coaching the team Lemieux was on in the CHL top prospects game. He said something like "the players on both benches wanted to kill him"

get

Much like the Tkachuk boys, I blame parenting.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Trade him for a bag of pucks tomorrow if this is true. Sounds like team cancer. What are guys like Cormier and Sgarbossa doing when he flies off the handle like this? They should be putting him in check.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Trade him for a bag of pucks tomorrow if this is true. Sounds like team cancer. What are guys like Cormier and Sgarbossa doing when he flies off the handle like this? They should be putting him in check.
Luckily your views have no impact for the Jets. WHEW!

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

That has not been my impression from the Moose practices I've watched. There Lemieux is a hard worker and seems to be well-liked by his teammates, though he's definitely an intense competitor. Lots of chatter, lots of encouragement, hard on himself when he misses a play. He and Petan and Roslo often stay out on the ice shooting pucks after the practices are over.

He's a polarizing player for sure, but I think he's likely to be good in playoff situations if he can keep his temper under control -- less of a problem on the Jets than the Moose, IMO. Definitely a handful on the boards, and has an NHL shot and speed.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Wow, the guy could be a poster on HF with that attitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Wondering if those that consider Lemieux a bad team mate and one with a cancerous attitude feel that way about Roslovic as well? Also others on the Moose and Jets?

He's a really good prospect who is NHL ready and would be a full time player if it weren't for the depth the Jets have. I would be shocked if he isn't an NHL regular next season, and he should be.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Lots of things get said or don't. Some people say things that shouldn't be overly valued. Jets like Lemieux, a lot, he's a valued player, prospect.

Some didn't believe he be nearly as good as he is right now either. Legitimate NHL player still with upside.

Reactions: csk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad