OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Man. I didn't watch last night's game so I'm not sure what happened, but that score is definitely not flattering. And it's not like the Blades had some huge rest advantage since they had played the night before just like the ICE.

Crnkovic has now passed Savoie for top scorer in the league...

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Man. I didn't watch last night's game so I'm not sure what happened, but that score is definitely not flattering. And it's not like the Blades had some huge rest advantage since they had played the night before just like the ICE.

Crnkovic has now passed Savoie for top scorer in the league...

Blades scored fast and feverishly in the first period, and it was an uphill battle from there.

Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
The ICE were ranked number one in the CHL again...

Frankly I'm a little surprised given that Edmonton was already on par with the ICE before adding a ton of Grade A talent in the lead up to the WHL trade deadline.

I'm a huge ICE fan but at this point I think I'd concede that the Oil Kings are the better team right now. But that isn't to say that a playoff upset can't happen in the conference finals ;)

Reactions: Guardian17

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Next games are at home next weekend vs. Medicine Hat...yeah, expect those to be postponed. Long layoff ahead.

At this point I wish they'd just do what the Jets and Moose are doing and play in front of 250 fans at home. If they postpone too many games they'll never be able to make them up.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Great news!

But it's funny how the Wayne Fleming Arena's capacity has grown all of a sudden. Prior to today, capacity was 1,600. Now it has suddenly jumped to 2,000 (allowing a restricted 50% capacity of 1,000). I was in there last weekend and it didn't look any different :laugh:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Awesome game yesterday. The ICE did not look like a team that hadn't played a game in two weeks, they were high energy from start to finish. Savoie's crazy dangle around Danielson to feed McClennon the hat trick goal in the second was unreal. Benson was a bit of an unsung hero yesterday getting in behind the Brandon net, fighting for the puck and making plays. This team is looking GOOD.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It was a fun game to be at last night. I noticed a tonne of scours including a Jets scout at this one.

Geekie probably had one of the quietest multipoint games I've seen. He made one big rush that drew a penalty but otherwise wasn't really noticeable. He usually flashes more individual puck skill and is usually more involved in the play.

Savoie is a terrific PP qb. He reads the play well, is omin constant motion and makes quick, smart and crisp passes. He is also always involved in the play. He takes the right lanes and is quick at closing things off and hounding the puck carriers. He is a great transition player and has a real nice blend of offensive skill.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Uggghh... it's one thing to lose a game, but another to lose a game by blowing a 2-0 lead in the third period. I didn't catch the game but from watching the highlights and listening to the postgame commentary it sounds like the ICE had trouble with a big and physical Red Deer team. As slick and skilled as the ICE are, they do still seem to have a hard time adjusting when a game get gets physical and the Rebels are able to do that as they have a good combination of size and talent.

This is not the way I wanted the ICE to go into Monday's marquee matchup vs. the Oil Kings but I'm hoping they can bounce back and make everyone forget about last night's loss with a big win over Edmonton. The ICE haven't been able to beat the EOK when the chips are down (that last game in December didn't count when many Oil Kings players had left for the WJHC), so getting a win tomorrow would be HUGE since the road to the championship will go through Rogers Place.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Uggghh... it's one thing to lose a game, but another to lose a game by blowing a 2-0 lead in the third period. I didn't catch the game but from watching the highlights and listening to the postgame commentary it sounds like the ICE had trouble with a big and physical Red Deer team. As slick and skilled as the ICE are, they do still seem to have a hard time adjusting when a game get gets physical and the Rebels are able to do that as they have a good combination of size and talent.

This is not the way I wanted the ICE to go into Monday's marquee matchup vs. the Oil Kings but I'm hoping they can bounce back and make everyone forget about last night's loss with a big win over Edmonton. The ICE haven't been able to beat the EOK when the chips are down (that last game in December didn't count when many Oil Kings players had left for the WJHC), so getting a win tomorrow would be HUGE since the road to the championship will go through Rogers Place.
Oil Kings completely loaded up while the ICE seemingly missed the boat on that. It’s gonna be tough.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Oil Kings completely loaded up while the ICE seemingly missed the boat on that. It’s gonna be tough.

In fairness ICE did pick up a few good players who are already making a difference like Finley, Wheatcroft, Brown, but yeah, the Oil Kings really went whole hog adding Sourdif, Guhle and Prokop to an already impressive lineup. A Guhle-calibre defenceman is what I was hoping the ICE would get at the deadline kind of like how they picked up Dawson Barteaux in 2020... Brown is good, but he's not Guhle.

Today's game will be very revealing for the ICE. They have been beaten handily by the Oil Kings every time since moving to Winnipeg, except for that one game in December where the EOK's stars had already left for the WJHC camp. We'll find out of the ICE are a true championship contender at 3 pm!

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad