OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Or maybe they're just regular people and have good qualities and bad? No reason to not tell the staff they're moving before they find out about it in the news.
Or maybe people shouldn't talk shit about other people and not have the decency to include them.

You are free to have the opinion, but when people question not only my friends characters but also the company that I basically owe my current life to, yeah. I get fired up.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
24 7 intouch is a solid work place. I worked there for 3 years. The bosses are good people but just because they are good people doesn't mean they didn't f*** up

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It's been a week and a half that Constantine has been under investigation. Is the WHL's crack team of Scotland Yard investigators coming close to wrapping things up yet? Or what?

I notice the Buffalo News is reporting that the Sabres are hesitant to send Zach Benson back to that shitshow, so this situation may be giving Benny's career a boost lol

I don't like to judge people based on what they look like, but that guy looks like he doesn't have a nuanced opinion on BIPOC.

• Haha
Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Oh you mean the guy who knows the owners personally and worked at Intouch for 9 years?

Yeah, what the f*** would he know?

This place is hilarious, jam packed with experts who dont know shit.

PS if you're going to drag me through the mud at least be a man and @ me.
I would have but I didn't remember your name. You should take a step back and spend some time offline because you are taking shit way too personally.

Your friends don't need you to defend them on a message board, if they are as great of businessmen as you say they are I'm sure they couldn't care less what somebody says on hfboards about them.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Former NHL coach Kevin Constantine was fired as coach of the Wenatchee Wild on Thursday, a day after he was suspended indefinitely by the Western Hockey League for making “derogatory comments of a discriminatory nature.”

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
womp womp

I am curious to know what Constantine said to trigger such decisive action. I mean, "impolite language" is not exactly uncommon in hockey dressing rooms, this dude must have crossed the line in a big, big way.

Will be interesting to see who the Wild end up going with now. I am also wondering what kind of impact all these shenanigans are having on the team in Wenatchee. The ICE had a hard enough time marketing themselves in Winnipeg and they never had to deal with any five-alarm PR fires like this one.

Reactions: Guardian17

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
To answer my own question from a couple of posts ago, I listened to The Pipeline Show. Guy Flaming (the host and PxP guy for the Edmonton Oil Kings) and Shawn Belle confirmed that Constantine dropped a bunch of n-bombs. Like not once, but repeatedly.

You can hear the segment here:
I guess some of the old guard don't understand that this sort of thing is no longer tolerable? (Not that it ever should have been, but still.) How out of touch do you have to be not to realize this?

Good for the players for calling this BS out.

Incidentally, the Wild only have two wins in their seven games so far, and they're on track to losing another vs. Kamloops as I write this. I expected the team to drop off this season but this is worse than I would have thought. I guess they still have some hope as Benson and Savoie are due to return although that could be a while with Benson seemingly a lock for 9 games minimum with the Sabres, and Savoie having some injury trouble.

• Wow
Reactions: Guardian17

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
The Illegal Curve crew noted that James Patrick was promoted to head coach yesterday by the Victoria Royals...

Back in the summer Jeep said he was likely going to take the season off, then he took the job as Director of Player Development in Victoria, and a couple months later Dan Price is out and he's the boss.

The interesting thing about this is that Victoria is coming out of what looks like a rebuild phase and they weren't doing too badly at 8-7-1, but I guess it was still below expectations. Either way, Victoria got themselves a good one.

Fun fact: Jake Heisinger, former ICE VP Hockey Ops and AGM, is the AGM in Victoria.

Walkingtalkingeye

Mar 28, 2012
Yeah right. I'd love to see them back but I'm guessing that kind of talk is just a threat to all the current league cities to shape up or we'll move your team to Winnipeg. Every league has to have a city to use as a threat. Leave me out of it, WHL. You've pissed me off enough already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad