Winning streak ends. Habs lose 4 - 2

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
...we need to bring Tinordi up...that Emelin/Gilbert D pairing is good one game and brutal for the next half dozen...

Tinordi is a bigger player that will have growing pains in the NHL, the problem with Emelin is that he simply has stopped hitting, a much more effective player when he is crushing people. Gilbert is an upgrade over Gorges but by no means is he a star, he is a typical 5th or 6th D.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
? PJ is defending him.
I'm not watching it...

Dollars to donuts though PJ will find a way to make it seem like he's supporting him while he works hard to undermine him. That's how PJ works. Most passive aggressive host I've ever seen.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
PK is real good at taking penalties

Yup. Chelios and Pronger were also great at it. Your point is cringeworthy.

Should Subban be less emotional? Sure. This subversive dialogue that it cost the game is compete drivel.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Guess where the 2nd defenceman was, and who it was. :P

I know PK was crawling on the ice on the offensive zone.. he didn't look too good either but Gilbert had the puck and basically gave it away that led to a 4 on 2 for the Lightning.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
People love to say that about 1st home game after a trip....but is it really true? Or it's just a myth we love repeating. I did a few searches, while it's not really conclusive, I don't think the home team gets crushed every single time. Saw a couple of teams who, after a long trip, won their game at home......but they were BOTH playing Edmonton (okay....can't count). Yet, I believe that even us we'd find a way to lose against Edmonton after a road trip....

It certainly isn't a myth with the Habs.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Even when they win the Habs are really a system team and I find them soft but man when they lose, when the system fails, there's never any physicality to put them back in the game so it feels so lifeless. I remember when MT coached the Pens, they were much more physical than this, they were intense every shifts they had. Maybe it was the influence of having your best player like Sid doing it, I don't know. I don't know why the Habs hit so little this year. You could really see the difference between Weise and the rest of the team tonight because of that. He wanted to win the game, he was battling. Therrien is turning into Jacques Martin little by little.

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
Tinordi is a bigger player that will have growing pains in the NHL, the problem with Emelin is that he simply has stopped hitting, a much more effective player when he is crushing people. Gilbert is an upgrade over Gorges but by no means is he a star, he is a typical 5th or 6th D.

maybe this game but overall i think it's a myth that emelin isn't hitting anymore

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
People love to say that about 1st home game after a trip....but is it really true? Or it's just a myth we love repeating. I did a few searches, while it's not really conclusive, I don't think the home team gets crushed every single time. Saw a couple of teams who, after a long trip, won their game at home......but they were BOTH playing Edmonton (okay....can't count). Yet, I believe that even us we'd find a way to lose against Edmonton after a road trip....

Whether or not it can be gleaned from the scoresheet, players and former players talk about it all the time, for a variety of reasons - some (or all) of which may be factors in any one game you try to isolate. There's obviously something to it that understanding and preparation simply can't completely eliminate.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The refs seemed to be pretty bad tonight, but the Canadiens didn't do themselves any favours, either. The effort seemed to be really lacking.

Nynja*

They did a great job at getting to the dump-ins first, thereby stifling any cycle play./QUOTE]

Covered it 3 months ago. Everyone knows our play is dump and chase, so they just anticipate it knowing its coming.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Only insofar as he's not as awesome as he used to be. He's still very good.

Even if he bad tonight...

Exactly. Nobody is saying he is bad. But he was better last season and the one before. He should cut down on being a media all star and focus on his game.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Covered it 3 months ago. Everyone knows our play is dump and chase, so they just anticipate it knowing its coming.

There are so many ways to dump a puck in, that simply knowing one is coming shouldn't make THIS much difference. I see other teams produce tonnes of dump-ins that at least become 50/50 puck battles.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The awards for the worst players tonight...

Subban, Eller, Sekac, Prust, Gilbert (didn't see much TOI in the third) and Beaulieu. The rest rank from decent to meh, but seriously, Tampa Bay was simply the better team tonight. Too many mistakes and Subban can't take stupid penalties like that. Some people joked that he looked drunk... he seriously did. He had a hard time with basic stickhandling.

Sucks to see them dominate Pittsburgh and get humiliated the next game by Tampa Bay. Typical performance after a long road trip though.

I'm with you on this one, best game of the year against the Pens but they did not play the same game tonight. I was a little disappointed that Therrien seperated Bournival from Eller and Sekac after such a dominating performance in our last game.

Galchenyuk looked his age tonight as well and I also felt that we were running around and out of position for most of the night. You simply cannot do that in the NHL against talented opposition and expect to win. Price is the best goalie in the league but he needs some support and he did'nt get that tonight.

Weise and Bealieau were our best players tonight, Markov was just ok and everyone else looked hungover.:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad