Winning streak ends. Habs lose 4 - 2

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Costliest player cost us the 2nd goal which broke the legs of the team.

Poor performance team-wide.

Pacioretty and Sekac about the only players that looked like they cared.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Undiscipline (or bad reffing whichever way you want to see it) killed the Habs tonight.

Also every time PJ Stock is on l'Antichambre the Habs lose. Hate that ****ing grin on his face.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
After that 7-1 embarrassment to Tampa earlier this season I'm very disappointed in the Habs lack of effort tonight. On second thought maybe Tampa is just that much better than what the Habs are. Still disappointing to watch since I expected more from the Habs tonight.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Can't win them all but the leadership on this team tonight did not step up, especially Pernell Karl

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
Can't win em all. One to forget. Tampa is a good team and there were just too many mistakes. Time to start a new streak next game.

CH25

Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I can't even remember the last time the Habs beat the Lightning in the regular season.

Positive thing is we still have 2 games in hand.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The better team won.

The Habs could have squeezed out a win if they had a competent powerplay. Gotta get that fixed. It's almost two seasons now.

Plekanec, Weise and DD all looked good. Don't have much else to say about the rest of the team. They were poor. Eller's line was brutal offensively tonight.

After the first, it was no contest for Tampa. People will use the penalties as an excuse, but the Habs had an opportunity early in the game and failed to capitalize as usual.

Carey wasn't there to bail them out tonight.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
After that 7-1 embarrassment to Tampa earlier this season I'm very disappointed in the Habs lack of effort tonight. On second thought maybe Tampa is just that much better than what the Habs are. Still disappointing to watch since I expected more from the Habs tonight.

I would say that Tampa is a better team...better offensively by quite a lot, defensively I would say it's close and goaltending is close. Tampa way more skilled

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

Obviously we need a few more quality players. Tampa has way to many horses for us to handle in a seven game series. Badly outshot and outplayed. Powerplay still sucks maybe we could bring back Kirk Muller for the PP. Price was left out to dry way to many times. Gal henyukmhas been doing not much lately wonder if there is a problem?

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
3rd D pairing were god awful
PK with a stupid penalty
Price off his game
Eller couldn't make a 2 foot pass for a BJ
Galchenyuk even made poor decisions in the O zone
Nobody played well
LOSS

You would think the 7-1 embarrassment would have given them motivation :shakehead

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If the Habs don't improve their power play and their starts they will not contend. These two areas have to be fixed. They also have an abundance of young players and they should leverage this for a good forward...I am sure Bergevin will do something eventually.
At the deadline the Habs need a Vanek type trade such as maybe bringing in Jagr!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I would say that Tampa is a better team...better offensively by quite a lot, defensively I would say it's close and goaltending is close. Tampa way more skilled

Tampa's biggest weakness is their defense. The habs didn't exploit that at all tonight. In fairness though, they couldn't really exploit it, Tampa played a good team defense and prevented the Canadiens from getting much momentum in the neutral zone. They did a great job at getting to the dump-ins first, thereby stifling any cycle play.

The only way offense was generated tonight was on the counter-attack. Sadly only Plekanec's line was able to generate turn-overs to create odd-men counter attacks.

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
does anyone have a capture of that hooking call on desharnais at the end? i just don't think you make those calls so close to the end of a game but i didn't see it very good

however i think the habs had an off night, they absolutely can play with tampa when they are skating and simplify their game a bit

stop getting fancy trying to make the extra pass so much

CH25

Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
To be honest I don't think Bishop is that great. He had a good season last year but he's not a Vezina quality goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad