Winning streak ends. Habs lose 4 - 2

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tampa's biggest weakness is their defense. The habs didn't exploit that at all tonight. In fairness though, they couldn't really exploit it, Tampa played a good team defense and prevented the Canadiens from getting much momentum in the neutral zone. They did a great job at getting to the dump-ins first, thereby stifling any cycle play.

The only way offense was generated tonight was on the counter-attack. Sadly only Plekanec's line was able to generate turn-overs to create odd-men counter attacks.

Tampa imo have a better core of D...

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
L'Antichambre going out of their way to persecute Subban makes me sick.

Sounds like half the posters on HF, I'm not surprised.

Sure, we had a bad game, but Chris Rooney played a major part in giving TB momentum and it all started with the non-call on Connolly hitting Markov when neither of were battling for the puck.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm not too surprised at the loss. I don't remember the last time the Habs won 7 in a row but I take it happened a while ago :laugh:. On to the next game, the guys will have three days to regroup for the rematch against the Pens.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Subban was terrible tonight and took a really selfish penalty. Hengets paid to play defense and score goals the goofy stuff is for Weise and Prust.
It wouldn't be so bad if PJ Stock wasn't sitting there sharpening his knives with glee...

Meanwhile others get a free pass no matter what.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
People love to say that about 1st home game after a trip....but is it really true? Or it's just a myth we love repeating. I did a few searches, while it's not really conclusive, I don't think the home team gets crushed every single time. Saw a couple of teams who, after a long trip, won their game at home......but they were BOTH playing Edmonton (okay....can't count). Yet, I believe that even us we'd find a way to lose against Edmonton after a road trip....

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Good first, team wasn't ready to play in the second...Subban dumb penalty but Connelly should've been called too. ****ing awful refereeing...****** special teams...Therrien should've switched up the lines..bergevin is going to need to retool this D and find another top 6 winger to get out of the east

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
To be honest I don't think Bishop is that great. He had a good season last year but he's not a Vezina quality goalie.

He looks like a wall against the Habs. Literally I think the only real chance for us to score on him is either by a deflection or he lets in a softy.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Subban was terrible tonight and took a really selfish penalty. Hengets paid to play defense and score goals the goofy stuff is for Weise and Prust.

I agree. As an assistant captain he should be more responsible. But what they're doing now, is ridiculous. Gaston Therrien just said "PK is responsible for the 3rd goal against". So its Subban fault that Gilbert blindly passed the puck to the Lightning and had a 4 on 1 against? PK played terrible today but basing your show on a bad game by Subban when DD and other have been **** all season is a joke and an embarrassment for French TV.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Costliest player cost us the 2nd goal which broke the legs of the team.

Poor performance team-wide.

Pacioretty and Sekac about the only players that looked like they cared.

Any team who's collective legs are broken after going down 2-1 shouldn't be playing pro hockey.

We should be hearing farts from that orifice, not foolish words.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I would say that Tampa is a better team...better offensively by quite a lot, defensively I would say it's close and goaltending is close. Tampa way more skilled

I agree. The Habs don't even compare to Tampa offensively. So many quality scoring chances for Tampa tonight.

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
If the Habs don't improve their power play and their starts they will not contend. These two areas have to be fixed. They also have an abundance of young players and they should leverage this for a good forward...I am sure Bergevin will do something eventually.
At the deadline the Habs need a Vanek type trade such as maybe bringing in Jagr!

the pp could have saved this game but they got too pretty again
jagr would look so good as a big, strong front of the net guy on the powerplay

Habs8517

Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
This coaching staff is crap. Terrible gameplan against Tampa. Tampa is a speedy team and the Habs let them use the speed all game long. Why no one hit their players to slow them ? Why try long pass every time when Tampa was stacking the neutral zone ? Why is the PP still crap over 1 year ?

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
The awards for the worst players tonight...

Subban, Eller, Sekac, Prust, Gilbert (didn't see much TOI in the third) and Beaulieu. The rest rank from decent to meh, but seriously, Tampa Bay was simply the better team tonight. Too many mistakes and Subban can't take stupid penalties like that. Some people joked that he looked drunk... he seriously did. He had a hard time with basic stickhandling.

Sucks to see them dominate Pittsburgh and get humiliated the next game by Tampa Bay. Typical performance after a long road trip though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad