Confirmed with Link: Winnik is back (2 Year Deal $2.25 AAV)

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
:handclap:

We may lose a lot, but at least we'll have guys on the team that try to actually win, rather than just give up. It'll be a long season, but easier to stomach that way for me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cor - overall good day for the Leafs, the management is sticking to the plan (so people shouldn't complain)

Welcome back Winnik

Loved the day.

4 terrific signings, great value. We'll be able to flip them all for draft picks (though, don't trade Winnik again, great role model)

And we got a solid deal for Kessel. Was it great? No. But it was solid, and put us in the direction we should be going.

Kapanen is a terrific prospect. Was ranked 14th in the world last season.
Harrington is slowly developing into a solid D
Two draft picks. Including a 1st (lol at being flipping at the condition.)

So I'm happy. I think Dubas, Shanny and Hunter did a terrific job.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
So happy it's finally happening!

Winnik - Kadri - Parenteau
Lupul - Holland - Panik
Komarov - Spaling - Arcobello
Leivo - Carrick - Sill

Gardiner - Robidas
Rielly - Polak
Hunwick - Marincin

Bernier
Reimer

Viva La Tank!!
where are jvr and dion, i agree bozak needs to be traded but i dont know if we trade dion, and im 100 percent sure jvr is untouchable.

jvr - Kadri - Parenteau
Lupul - Holland - Winnik
Panik- Carrick - Leivo

Gardiner - Dion
Rielly - Polak
Hunwick - Marincin/robidas

Bernier
Reimer

I think this is our opening day line but i see robidas and polak being traded later o in the season and percy coming in and finally getting to play a full season

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yea, it does. But as of now, at least on the wing, we don't have any spots left for young guys at all,

These are our wingers.

JVR-Lupul
Parentau-Panik
Komarov-Spauling
Arcobello-Winnik

These wingers kinda scream "drive for 9th" for me as opposed to player development.

Dubas said Spaling would be playing center.
Have to figure Bozak doesn't make training camp.
Kadri
Holland/Arcobello
Spaling
Carrick/Holland/Arcobello

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
1st OA here we come!

I like Winnik a lot but can you truly go to this well more than one time? We have some very hard working low skilled guys here now.

Anyway, your character is not in question Daniel - Welcome back!

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Loved the day.

4 terrific signings, great value. We'll be able to flip them all for draft picks (though, don't trade Winnik again, great role model)

And we got a solid deal for Kessel. Was it great? No. But it was solid, and put us in the direction we should be going.

Kapanen is a terrific prospect. Was ranked 14th in the world last season.
Harrington is slowly developing into a solid D
Two draft picks. Including a 1st (lol at being flipping at the condition.)

So I'm happy. I think Dubas, Shanny and Hunter did a terrific job.

Pretty much in agreement here. I think Winnik stays this time though.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
where are jvr and dion, i agree bozak needs to be traded but i dont know if we trade dion, and im 100 percent sure jvr is untouchable.

jvr - Kadri - Parenteau
Lupul - Holland - Winnik
Panik- Carrick - Leivo

Gardiner - Dion
Rielly - Polak

Bernier
Reimer

I think this is our opening day line but i see robidas and polak being traded later o in the season and percy coming in and finally getting to play a full season

No one on this team is untouchable. If the Leafs are serious about completely rebuilding then JVR should be on the table. He's the one player who could return that king's ransom that everyone wanted for Kessel. Leafs really need a young defenseman after loading up on so much forward talent. I think they should talk to Nashville about a deal centred around JVR and Jones.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Welcome back Winnik!

We sure have a lot of bodies now. Wonder if anyone is getting shipped out *cough Bozak*.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Anyone else think Babcock was all over this too?

Winnik seems the perfect type of player for Babcock - hard working, no nonsense player that can carry a coach's message.

Wouldn't surprise me if he got a letter on his jersey.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
:handclap:

We may lose a lot, but at least we'll have guys on the team that try to actually win, rather than just give up. It'll be a long season, but easier to stomach that way for me.
Oh you got that right man! We might also not lose that much. This was a great signing since we brought in some skilly type light weight guys and young ones. Winnik has the size and stomach to really push others around. He don't take dirt. He's a real stand up guy who looks the part. Great bringing him back. Also remember that we do have a great player in Leo Komarov so Winnik will be playing a lot of PK minutes with him and also on the same line with Komarov. Babcock will get this dirty third line going in no time. :thumb up:

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014

Winnik seems the perfect type of player for Babcock - hard working, no nonsense player that can carry a coach's message.

Yeah my man you got that perfectly written down.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto

Hopefully the C

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

I think so. He recruited PAP
Though (at the time) Winnie was like pleased as heck to leave Toronto to play in Pittsburgh (because Playoffs) I did remember him saying too - it was a bummer because he really, really liked it here and if he could come back, he would

I am verra happy he is.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014

jvr - Kadri - Parenteau
Lupul - Holland - Winnik
Panik- Carrick - Leivo

Gardiner - Dion
Rielly - Polak

Bernier
Reimer

No no no Winnik is playing all the time with Komarov. Also on the PK unit.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

I bet if had to choose Winnik would be his favorite signing of the 4.

The PK should be good again at least. Him and Leo were quite effective together.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Nice. Winnik actually looked good in Pittsburgh, was still adjusting it seemed.

This is a babcock player and a perfect role model - happy with the sign

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This signing was fairly easy to predict only real debate was if it was going to be Winnik or Santo that signed on first.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Between Winnick, Arcobello and Parentau, will we have a lot of space for young guys?

Not a bad pickup though, we might be able to turn him for another pick at some point.

We should (have space for youth), you'd think that somebody would step up in training camp and earn a spot on the team. In any case that group is a **** of a lot better than sending out Smith, Sill, Lindstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad