Confirmed with Link: Winnik is back (2 Year Deal $2.25 AAV)

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I almost feel bad he came back. It's likely he will be traded again and we are just using him to gain picks ha haa.. Guy is all heart and a character guy and a leader.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I love this. Someone who wants to be here and one of the few who was working his ass off on a team that had mostly quit.

Perfect model for the kids to look up to.

Mancunian

Dec 6, 2008
Love it. There's a reason why Winnik, Santorelli, and Franson were sought after by teams at the deadline. They were the only ones that gave a **** on the Leafs last year. I wouldn't be opposed to signing the other two again if we can send one or two more of Phaneuf, Bozak, and JVR out the door.

Edit: I'm intentionally leaving Lupul out of the list because we can't retain on any more deals with the Carl Gunnarsson and Phil Kessel contract retentions already on the books.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
He knows he'll get more first line minutes here :laugh:

Guesses on the $$? I'm guessing $2-ish. I don't think it'll be as cheap as last year.

More trade-able pieces.

These guys know that if they do well in their short term bargain bin signings with the Leafs, they have all the attention in the world, and can turn it into a better deal elsewhere later.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Between Winnick, Arcobello and Parentau, will we have a lot of space for young guys?

Not a bad pickup though, we might be able to turn him for another pick at some point.

Seems as if we're loading up the Marlies for 1 year to try and get the kids into a winning environment and get acclimated with each other before they slowly trickle onto the big club.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
really happy with this signing, we got a good character guy for the young guys to look up to

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Signing him so we can trade him to pittsburgh for their 2016 2nd round pick again :laugh:

That would be odd on the draft board.

TOR (from Pitt, via Tor, and Pitt)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Love it. There's a reason why Winnik, Santorelli, and Franson were sought after by teams at the deadline. They were the only ones that gave a **** on the Leafs last year. I wouldn't be opposed to signing the other two again if we can send one or two more of Phaneuf, Bozak, and JVR out the door.

Edit: I'm intentionally leaving Lupul out of the list because we can't retain on any more deals with the Carl Gunnarsson and Phil Kessel contract retentions already on the books.

We can retain 1 more, you're allowed to retain 3.

HOTD

Jan 11, 2013
Great add but something has to give. Getting pretty crowded up front no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad