Confirmed with Link: Winnik is back (2 Year Deal $2.25 AAV)

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Trade him at the deadline to Pittsburgh, and we get to keep our 2nd.

It's not our 2nd, if PIT makes the playoffs in 2016, it's their 2nd, if they miss, then the 2nd gets pushed to 2017, along with the 1st.

If the Pens miss the playoffs in 2017, then the 1st we got becomes a 2nd in 2017 and we then lose our 2017 2nd rounder.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I'd really like to see Panik on one of the top two lines to really figure out what we have in him. Leivo might start in the AHL, or maybe we can get lucky and move Lupul before the season starts.
Leivo won't see NHL action with Mike Babcock steering the NHL wheel.

We have better players and Babcock loves them. Babcock will also have new players we don't even know yet.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I honestly wouldn't have minded locking him up for longer (I really like Winnik)... but this was a good contract and was probably the smart play. We'll have a lot of players that need flipping this deadline, so we'll probably hang onto Winnik and flip him at the end of next season... then hopefully bring him back and sign him to another 2 year contract.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Love this deal, love having Winnik back. Great character guy to have in the room.

Oh and he can be moved in two years for more picks ;)

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Yea, it does. But as of now, at least on the wing, we don't have any spots left for young guys at all,

These are our wingers.

JVR-Lupul
Parentau-Panik
Komarov-Spauling
Arcobello-Winnik

These wingers kinda scream "drive for 9th" for me as opposed to player development.

wtf Winnik is not a 4th liner- he was one of our BEST players last year!:help::shakehead

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Damn that hurts to look at.

I know nobody wants to see him do well, but Bailey might be a surprise. Big body, big shot, good skating, and decent mind for game. He might be decent.

Also don't write off Panik either.

Also Leivo is probably going to be up with the club, as is Frattin. So it might really look like

JVR - Kadri - Parenteau
Lupul - Bozak - Bailey
Winnik - Arcobello - Panik
Komarov - Spaling - Carrick(?)

It has potential at least. Its not going to wow anyone but it has some skill at least. Five guys in our top 6 have hit at least 20 goals once in their career and Bailey is a good talent. Our bottom six doesn't look that bad either.

Last edited:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
F### off Winnik! The guy sucks can't score, terrible passer, afraid to use his size. Was a detriment in Pens playoff push. Hopefully Babs sees how crap he is and takes him out of the line up early! What a waste of cap space!!

41be6a2789b0b4271aa263df740aebd671bc5a98edd26b4e4cf7e6401800acf4.jpg

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Winnie always wanted to come back, even when he got traded :)
#LoveWinnie

Winnik flat out said - I never get why people get why they don't want to come here. You make it as bad as you want it to, or good as you wanted it to. if people poop on me, and said I was bad - fine, I was bad, thanks, and move on. accept it and play better. :laugh:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
The mandate for next years roster seems pretty clear

1. Bring in players who have something to play for, Parenteau, Spaling looking for long term contracts on the open market after this season

2. Players who demonstrate hard work and effort every shift

3. Not high in talent but high on hard work and character (but not in the David Bolland/Davis Clarkson leadership nonsense kind of way)

We may get beaten very often, but we won't be out worked. As the young guys develop they will learn first and foremost to work hard, and that will hopefully allow their natural skill to shine through

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00