News Article: Wings would like to re-sign Cleary if they can trade someone (he's NOT signed) #142

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Very disappointing after yesterday. 3 years? Didn't Holland just mention Jurco, Ferraro and Sheahan being ready next year? Knowing Bacock, Gator in the top 6. Bert/Sammy/Cleary in the Top 9. Tatar in the press box. Nyquist on the 4th line.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I literally do not want to live on a planet where Danny Cleary gets a three year contact at the age of 34. I am going to apply to NASA so I can get the hell out of here.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think Holland is really going to push for an upgrade on the blueline now.

Tatar + roster player (Eaves? Actually, maybe Quincey) + prospect + 1st for _______ (young Dman coming into his prime with #1 potential)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
According to Cleary's agent:)

Where does Tatar fit in this year's lineup?
I don't see it.

Likely lineup, knowing the organization

Zetterberg Datsyuk Abdelkader
Franzen Weiss Alfredsson
Miller Helm Cleary
Nyquist Andersson Bertuzzi

I still have a gut feeling that Tatar will be used as trade bait for an upgrade on defense, I saw on the Vancouver board that Edler could still be on the move as long as he would waive his NMC that is and i cant see why he would'nt for Detroit.

Detroit Sports*

I rather have Cleary on the ice instead of Brunner - other teams

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Absolutely awful. Old, broken, stone hands, sub-par hockey sense. This is just beyond inexcusable. Holland was worried about Lecavalier's pace? At least Vinny has hands and a clue as to what to do with the puck in the offensive zone. Cleary can't do anything offensively except fall over in front of the goalie. He's too slow to PK anymore. And toughness? Yeah, real tough standing behind the ref and getting into shouting matches with the other team. This signing is a frickin' joke.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I still have a gut feeling that Tatar will be used as trade bait for an upgrade on defense, I saw on the Vancouver board that Edler could still be on the move as long as he would waive his NMC that is and i cant see why he would'nt for Detroit.

Make that make sense while being cap compliant. At the very least we are sending Franzen + Tatar and some other pluses and that sucks.

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
Thanks KH

jumpn.gif

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
As a Holland supporter I'm absolutely furious. He deserves every ounce of hate he gets for this absolutely ridiculous deal.

Seriously, WTF goes through ones' mind to make them think "yeah, this is a good deal."

Cleary's game has deteriorated. He's slow. He's turns the puck over. He's turns the puck over at bad areas of the ice. He gets ice time he doesn't deserve and will hinder the development of the youth. All while being less effective than the youth. And don't give me the "toughness/grit" crap. He gets knocked off the puck easier than anybody on the team, loses practically all puck and board battles, isn't quick enough to effectively forecheck anymore, and isn't good defensively anymore. He was the worst forward on the team this past regular season. And on top of it his game has been steadily declining. So yeah, let's go ahead and sign him for 3 more years at a ridiculous price.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
As a Holland supporter I'm absolutely furious. He deserves every ounce of hate he gets for this absolutely ridiculous deal.

Seriously, WTF goes through ones' mind to make them think "yeah, this is a good deal."

Cleary's game has deteriorated. He's slow. He's turns the puck over. He's turns the puck over at bad areas of the ice. He gets ice time he doesn't deserve and will hinder the development of the youth. All while being less effective than the youth. And don't give me the "toughness/grit" crap. He gets knocked off the puck easier than anybody on the team, loses practically all puck and board battles, isn't quick enough to effectively forecheck anymore, and isn't good defensively anymore. He was the worst forward on the team this past regular season. And on top of it his game has been steadily declining. So yeah, let's go ahead and sign him for 3 more years at a ridiculous price.

Exactly how I feel, I would go to bat for Holland on almost anything. This is flat out inexcusable, it is in my opinion the worst decision he has made during his entire tenure.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think Holland is really going to push for an upgrade on the blueline now.

Tatar + roster player (Eaves? Actually, maybe Quincey) + prospect + 1st for _______ (young Dman coming into his prime with #1 potential)

Would love to see Detroit make a deal to Winnipeg for Zach Bogosian, Would'nt mind a deal to St Louis for Pietrangelo either but not at the rumored price that he's looking for around $7 million.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I think it's kind of a charity. He's a loyal and friendly guy, Ilitch likes him.

Somebody else will step up and take Cleary's spot as soon as he gets injured. Then, next time around, Ilitch will have to buy him out, that's all; and it ain't like he ain't got it. No major emergency.

Now, what should be done is to dump Gustavsson and bring up Mrazek. That would free up some cheese.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
And almost worst thing of all are these ****ing moron beat writers, instead of asking the hard questions, pushing players and management, they only act as Hollands voice through media, they're WORTHLESS. DO YOUR JOB.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Agreed 100%, by far his worst move yet & now we have ****ing Cleary blocking somebody else. God, this is realbud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad