News Article: Wings would like to re-sign Cleary if they can trade someone (he's NOT signed) #142

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
where do I send my letter saying i'm boycotting spending any money on the team until he's gone?

(serious question)

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
log-jam.jpg

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
3 more years of Cleary in the Top 9. Playing ahead of players like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarkrok. I could live with the 1 year deal. At 2 million! This? Whatever. Babcock's fault.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Thats a realgud contract! Now we can trade Tarar and Järnkrok! Nyquist we can forget about. No way Holland get rid of Samuelsson.

RedWingsNow*

Like I said
Weiss for Flip
Alfie for Brunner
Cleary for Cleary

We can talk all we want. We'll find out if there's any improvement in this group soon enough.

This UFA season was nothing but a PR Gimmic

Bring in the over-the-hill "superstar" and Stevie Weisserman and everyone talks about what a great job Detroit did

RedWingsNow*

I wonder if Illitch would fire Holland if this ended up costing us Nyquist or something

No chance

But if I'm Bryan Murray, and if I like either Nyquist or Smith, I don't hesitate to make an offer here

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
This signing is okay IF AND ONLY IF Cleary is actually used as a 3rd/4th line guy.

even then it's a disaster

1: it's 3 ****ing years,imagine how bad he's gonna be by then end of it
2: the Wings are now 300k over the cap and still haven't signed Nyquist/Smith/Andersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad