News Article: Wings would like to re-sign Cleary if they can trade someone (he's NOT signed) #142

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is just unreal, well thanks for kicking off my drinking today.

52448658_disgusted_gif.gif

Mjollner

Jan 28, 2009
Is it possible to buy out a contract we signed 10 minutes ago? I'm thinking probably not, but somebody please humor me so i don't drink myself into a coma.

Don't get me wrong Cleary is a nice guy, nice hockey player? Not so much.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I thought a classic Kenny offseason was not signing anyone and then bringing in previous old members of the Detroit Red Wings?

It's classic that he brought back garbage.

I like getting rid of Flip and was happy about the Alfie signing because I thought it meant Cleary was gone.

This offseason is a complete disaster.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Z-Dats-Gator
Mule-Weiss-Alfie
Bert/Sammy-Helm-Cleary
Miller-Andersson-Nqyust/Eaves

Babcocks opening night lineup....

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
by whom? I think they'd have to go 4 mil and up on Nyquist before the Wings wouldn't match. About 3.5 or 3 on Smith. I don't think Andersson would get a sheet.

Whatever team wants to do it. If you offer sheet both right now I don't even know that we can match legally. If you hit up over 3.5 million on both. We cannot match one of them without going over the 10% threshold. We are instantly not cap compliant. If you wanted Cleary to sign this which I know nobody did, you should have waited until you protected our two really good RFA players. Stupid!!!! The signing is ****ing stupid to begin with, but what it leaves us open to is even worse.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
someone seriously needs to demand an explanation from Holland on this

this is the kind of thing reporters should be for but no

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Whatever team wants to do it. If you offer sheet both right now I don't even know that we can match legally. If you hit up over 3.5 million on both. We cannot match one of them without going over the 10% threshold. We are instantly not cap compliant. If you wanted Cleary to sign this which I know nobody did, you should have waited until you protected our two really good RFA players. Stupid!!!! The signing is ****ing stuid to begin with, but what it leaves us open to is even worse.

Very good point. They should have waited to sing Cleary. Lets just hope this doesnt cost us Nyquist now. It could very well end up like that.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Whatever team wants to do it. If you offer sheet both right now I don't even know that we can match legally. If you hit up over 3.5 million on both. We cannot match one of them without going over the 10% threshold. We are instantly not cap compliant. If you wanted Cleary to sign this which I know nobody did, you should have waited until you protected our two really good RFA players. Stupid!!!! The signing is ****ing stuid to begin with, but what it leaves us open to is even worse.
Oh, okay. I thought you were making the claim that a team WOULD do this. You're actually making the different claim that a team COULD do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad