News Article: Wings would like to re-sign Cleary if they can trade someone (he's NOT signed) #142

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Oh come on he couldn't even hit 50 points playing with datsuk a whole year. And lets be real the leash that bert has on from the "incident" is so short he will never play the way of a power forward again.

Not saying its right or wrong but he can't play that way anymore if he values his employment. I'm not saying he is a avery or cooke type. But if he hurts one player even remotely moderately he is done.

So then we can get to see ''skilled" bertuzzi. You know the 360 degree no look backhand pass that gets turned over the second he releases the pass. The guy that normally gets fitted in with either of two of the top ten playmaking centers in the game that cannot put up 50 points. The guy that would struggle at this point in time to hit 15-20 goals. Who cares if every year he hits a nice shootout goal for a win. He cannot do any of those moves in game with players actually defended him.

He isn't a brawler anymore for obvious reasons. And do we really need him to grab and hold a weber when we have abby here who can do the absolute same and be irrelevant but he might actually throw a punch for cheaper than what tuzzi is making now?

Lets all be honest bertuzzi takes up space. He doesn't contribute much. Unless he is a god in the locker room is he even worth the spot when we have 16 forwards? Granted I would take him for a year over cleary at all. But we will need to cut 3 forwards. They better not dare put nyquist down in the ahl just because they can (1 more year). If helm is healthy emmerton will be more than likely waived at camp. But we still need to trim 2 more spots. I would like to see tootoo as a 13th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad