News Article: Wings would like to re-sign Cleary if they can trade someone (he's NOT signed) #142

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm going to sight this again:

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-buyouts-work

The most important part: during the ordinary course buyout period. meaning, the buyout period is over until after next season. Over for ordinary course buyouts. Over for compliance buyouts.

Unless someone can find information that states otherwise, everything I have been able to find leads me to believe the buyout period is over. Buying out Samuelsson, or any other player, IS NOT AN OPTION.

From a Larry Brook's article:
Clubs cannot exercise amnesty buyouts during the second buyout period that opens following salary arbitration and is available only to teams that either filed for or were filed against.

The link is from this thread in the business forum. If you really want an answer, I'd suggest posting the question there. You're just more likely to find people who have read enough of the CBA to help.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Not cleary related but has anyone heard anything about White? I know not for us but I havent heard anyone kicking the tires on him.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looks like Sammy's existence is blocking that Cleary extension (against 50-contract limit). Don't really know is it good or a bad thing. :help:

We should have a new poll.

Sammy for 1 year, 3 million

vs.

Cleary for 3-years, 2.6 million per

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Looks like Sammy's existence is blocking that Cleary extension (against 50-contract limit). Don't really know is it good or a bad thing. :help:

We should have a new poll.

Sammy for 1 year, 3 million

vs.

Cleary for 3-years, 2.6 million per

Should just read: Sammy 1 year or Cleary 3 years. Holland's previous mistake preventing another one? He's like a check on his own powers! God bless the cap.

cupwatcher2014

Dec 3, 2008
I think that is more of a I would take Morrow over Cleary argument, they don't need either but I agree with Morrow over Cleary. As broken down as Morrow is, so is Cleary and Morrow is the better net front guy and a nastier piece of business.

I doubt you will be saying that when you watch Morrow's steady skate back and forth to and from the penalty box when he takes useless penalties because he is too slow/disinterested to keep up with the play.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
I don't get all the hate for Cleary. He's still a good defensive player. Stick him on a bottom six line. If he's healthy, even better.

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
I don't get all the hate for Cleary. He's still a good defensive player. Stick him on a bottom six line. If he's healthy, even better.

Healthy? Will his knees magically be reborn? It's been more than 3 days since they died...the rising should've happened by now.

Cleary is the last person back in the defensive zone. In 2nd periods he is passed up by goalies going to the bench during delayed penalties. It's also hard to be a "good defensive player" from your butt, which is where Cleary spends the majority of his shifts.

There aren't any top six spots available.

Says who?

Detroit Sports*

Grabovski, Brunner in. Cleary, Tootoo, Sammy and Bert out. Could this ever be possible?

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
Grabovski, Brunner in. Cleary, Tootoo, Sammy and Bert out. Could this ever be possible?

It was possible before. Now Sammy would have to waive his NTC and a team would have to take him (good luck). Tootoo could be moved for a pick, 4th or later. Bert could play, unless he's too injured and they bury him on LTIR. Cleary could sign elsewhere, but he is trolling us hard.

So now, your scenario will probably only happen if you fire up the ol' Xbox

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
According to Cleary's agent:)

Where does Tatar fit in this year's lineup?
I don't see it.

Likely lineup, knowing the organization

Zetterberg Datsyuk Abdelkader
Franzen Weiss Alfredsson
Miller Helm Cleary
Nyquist Andersson Bertuzzi

this is more likely.

z - d - abby
franzen - weiss - alfie
samuelsson - helm - cleary
bert - emmerton - miller
eaves

tatar and nyqvist traded for veteran 7th d.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

What? Can't skate, slow foot speed, weak on his skates. Gets pushed around easily. Falls down all the damn time. Does he even block shots? He's real good at turning the puck over in all 3 zones.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What? Can't skate, slow foot speed, weak on his skates. Gets pushed around easily. Falls down all the damn time. Does he even block shots? He's real good at turning the puck over in all 3 zones.

I don't want Cleary back either, but you have to admit he's not as worthless as this post implies.

He got offers from quite a few teams this off-season, including Nill in Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad