Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Gustavsson

I thought Abdelkader played well. Seemed to be hitting everything out there. I mean not top 6 good but it was nice to see.

I don't see Lashoff being an upgrade or even a lateral move being in for Smith. Even though Smith hasn't been playing well, I'd rather have him in the lineup over Lashoff.

RedWingsNow*

This. Dekeyser is easily better than Smith and sadly Quincey probably is as well.

Better at what?
Dekeyser appears to be getting a free pass. I see him coughing up the puck an awful lot. He plays a safer, more reliably defensive game..but "easily better?"

That's a stretch. Particularly when you factor offense into the equation

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Better at what?
Dekeyser appears to be getting a free pass. I see him coughing up the puck an awful lot. He plays a safer, more reliably defensive game..but "easily better?"

That's a stretch. Particularly when you factor offense into the equation

What offense? Neither player has registered a point yet this season, so that doesn't seem like it factors into the equation at all. Outside of that 14 game stint a couple of seasons ago, Smith's offensive game has been pretty non existent, which is obviously disappointing. Dekeyser is better in his own end and is a better puck mover in his own end than Smith. He's even looked more comfortable through the neutral zone than Smith. Dekeyser plays a safer game that limits his mistakes, but since when is that a flaw? Smith has more brain farts, but it's not like he's an offensive threat either. So he plays a riskier game with very little reward in my eyes. To me he's kind of a mess at this point in his development. His offensive instincts seem to have disappeared. It's like he's afraid to play the game he knew but at the same time he's not good or smart enough defensively to play a steady, reliable game at this point in time.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I just saw Gustavsson's profile pic on NHL.com

8475361.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid.

And how is Cleary the second star on NHL.com from last night's games when he wasn't even voted a star in Boston? BETTMAN!!

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I just saw Gustavsson's profile pic on NHL.com

8475361.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid.

And how is Cleary the second star on NHL.com from last night's games when he wasn't even voted a star in Boston? BETTMAN!!

Good thing that he doesnt show his teeth when he smiles, people would think its Halloween. :(:eek::eek:

About Cleary, It's probably Babcock that made them do it.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Good thing that he doesnt show his teeth when he smiles, people would think its Halloween. :(:eek::eek:

About Cleary, It's probably Babcock that made them do it.

Yep. When Cleary took that penalty while on the PK, it meant that he got on the box score twice. Realgud!

XO

Nov 4, 2009
and I've read so many times on NHL talk that Z is past it and that he will only decline from now on. Oh well, lots of games left.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY 13 h
Zetterberg: 5 goals in first 6 games.....most goals in first 6 games of a season in his career.

No mystery here. Playing with Datsyuk means Z doesn't have to be a playmaker anymore and can revert more of a goalscoring role.

I'm glad Bert has been able to gel well with those two. He brings more top 6 qualities than Abby.

I hope one day we can role with the following lines and be a real threat:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Tatar - Weiss - Alfredsson
Franzen - Andersson - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo
Glendening/Sheahan

Three scoring lines with a 4th line that can spark and really outwork the opposition. Abby and Tootoo as the wrecking balls with Helm as the speedster who can get to the opposition's end of the ice with ease. Helm, Abdelkader, Andersson, Weiss, Z and D can be the PK forwards. Any combination of Z, D, Bert, Tatar, Nyquist, Weiss, Alfie and Franzen on the PP.

Miller, Cleary and Sammy are just cannon fodder who bring nothing extra.

crashman

and I've read so many times on NHL talk that Z is past it and that he will only decline from now on. Oh well, lots of games left.

My opinion of Zetterberg has always been that if he's healthy, he's a game-changer. Even if he's not scoring, he does everything right (not to sound like Babcock). Since the start of last season his skating has really improved, which is why he's been ever better. Maybe he needed the extra long lockout summer to finally get healthy from all the playoff hockey that he's played.

As much as I love Datsyuk, he has the tendency to completely disappear. It doesn't happen too often, but it happens.

RedWingsNow*

What offense? Neither player has registered a point yet this season, so that doesn't seem like it factors into the equation at all. Outside of that 14 game stint a couple of seasons ago, Smith's offensive game has been pretty non existent, which is obviously disappointing. Dekeyser is better in his own end and is a better puck mover in his own end than Smith. He's even looked more comfortable through the neutral zone than Smith. Dekeyser plays a safer game that limits his mistakes, but since when is that a flaw? Smith has more brain farts, but it's not like he's an offensive threat either. So he plays a riskier game with very little reward in my eyes. To me he's kind of a mess at this point in his development. His offensive instincts seem to have disappeared. It's like he's afraid to play the game he knew but at the same time he's not good or smart enough defensively to play a steady, reliable game at this point in time.

Offensive instincts don't disappear.

Raiser your hands in the air if you watched the playoffs last year.

Who was our best offensive D in the playoffs?

RedWingsNow*

No mystery here. Playing with Datsyuk means Z doesn't have to be a playmaker anymore and can revert more of a goalscoring role.

I'm glad Bert has been able to gel well with those two. He brings more top 6 qualities than Abby.

Glendening/Sheahan

Three scoring lines with a 4th line that can spark and really outwork the opposition. Abby and Tootoo as the wrecking balls with Helm as the speedster who can get to the opposition's end of the ice with ease. Helm, Abdelkader, Andersson, Weiss, Z and D can be the PK forwards. Any combination of Z, D, Bert, Tatar, Nyquist, Weiss, Alfie and Franzen on the PP.

Those are excellent looking lines

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY 13 h
Zetterberg: 5 goals in first 6 games.....most goals in first 6 games of a season in his career.

He's playing with Datsyuk.

If Datsyuk can put Abby on a respectable GPG average, highest of his career, then he can do it for a guy as good as Z.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

Glendening/Sheahan

Love those lines. Thats a 3rd line that would really cause mis matches and a 4th line that actually looks like GM/coach actually have a vision for the 4th line and not the island of misfit toys

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Glendening/Sheahan

I might argue For Miller over Tootoo. For the savings in money and PK. But if Helm is healthy, we dont need 14 forwards who can PK. LOL.

I would love to see this lineup... and we could do it this week if management wanted.

They really are nice lines, with lots of veterans still... No way Tats/Nyq can sink this team much more than Cleary/sammy

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

Glendening/Sheahan

I can live with those 4 lines. The only thing I would change is the 13th and 14th forwards. Those players can't develope with no ice time so I could live with sammy (ntc and no one wants him) and eaves.

RedWingsNow*

My opinion of Zetterberg has always been that if he's healthy, he's a game-changer. Even if he's not scoring, he does everything right

As much as I love Datsyuk, he has the tendency to completely disappear. It doesn't happen too often, but it happens.

It amazes me that in the context of the first point, you'd go to the second point.

IMO, when Datsyuk isn't scoring, he's still a great two way player who mostly keeps the puck in the other team's zone.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Does anybody not like ProPAIN's lines? :).

Add me to the list of liking - but not way in hell is Sammy AND Cleary both out. We need a veteran presence! (besides Dats, Z, Kronwall, and so on...)

Maybe Miller over Tootoo, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad