Post-Game Talk: Wings win! Wings @ Bruins 10-14-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Andy had the 3rd most ice time for forwards. And Danny boy with the 4th most

Really? Lashoff will start eclipsing 18 minutes of ice a night and Luke Real Guddenning 15 soon. I didn't watch the game, glad they won. I'm guessing the Bruins were not prepared and hung over from the night before. Hard to really tell whats going on listening on the radio while working. Lets see if the Wings can keep it up against Columbus.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Andy had the 3rd most ice time for forwards. And Danny boy with the 4th most

In large part b/c they were the #1 PK unit for nearly 4 minutes a piece and the Wings had no power plays. Andy and Cleary were 7th and 9th, respectively, in even strength ice time. Top 6 were D, Z, Franzen, Weiss, Abs and Alfredsson.

Brandel*

He also had a huge shot block right at the end of the game, one that was close to hitting him in the face.

I was wondering who that was. Last person I would have guessed is Franzen. Good on him, although it was incredibly awkward looking ahah like, he stuck his chest out and it got him near the throat

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
While I think we won because of great defensive positioning against a great Bruins team, does anyone else think we are flat out slow?

I feel we are just a slow hockey team. The kids would really help, esp nqyuist to get a line going.

Z-D-Bert
Tatar-Weiss-Franzen
Alfie-Andy-Cleary
Tootoo-Glendening-Abby

^^BINGO (assuming Nyquist is still in GR)

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I didn't know the game was on at 2 and I was at work, so I missed it.

That's bad.

But the Wings won.

That's good.

Howard got hurt.

That's bad.

But Gustavsson apparently didn't humiliate or injure himself.

That's good...

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The move Datsyuk made around Chara was the same move he made around the Nashville defenceman on his crazy goal last year. In fact, from the red line in it was almost identical. the difference being that Chara's so long that Datsyuk had to stay on his backhand and dish it off rather than cutting to the net and getting a quick shot off. Great shot by Zetterberg too. Let's face it, is that's Abdelkader or Cleary receiving the pass it's not a goal. It's nice to see that 13 and 40 are producing together early in the season. Usually Babcock is on the verge of breaking them up. What is that, 4 or 5 goals already for Z? I predicted prior to the season that Z would have one of his top 3 statistical seasons, and that was of course on the premise that he and Datsyuk were together for the most part. Let's keep it going.

I wish I could get a video of Datsyuk's backcheck on Bergy as well. I loved watching them two go at a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad