Post-Game Talk: Wings win! Wings @ Bruins 10-14-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Good team effort tonight, all players deserve some credit, it was a tough game to battle out 2p from but they did it as a team. Great PK. Nice to see Franzen showing some life.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Fun game. Outplayed but good goaltending. Penalties slanted.

Glendening, Lashoff and Tootoo have now all played more games than Tatar and Nyquist combined. :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Beat Boston without Tatar or Nyquist.

The early start must favor the old boys.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Gus looks so loose and not confident in net it scares me half to death. But I guess it works!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Thought the leadership group was exceptional tonight.

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Kronwall

Nice to see Monster have a nice start for his confidence but he was swimming all over the place back there, was bailed out a bunch by our D collapsing and saving his bacon. Still a positive for him, just don't really know that it was star worthy.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Zetterberg
Weiss
Monster

And Bench is right. Early starts favor the vets.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Nice to see Monster have a nice start for his confidence but he was swimming all over the place back there, was bailed out a bunch by our D collapsing and saving his bacon. Still a positive for him, just don't really know that it was star worthy.

He comes out really far and can't get back in time for when the puck bounces off the backboards. And despite making some big saves and getting the win against a good Boston team, I just didn't ever feel comfortable watching him.

Datsyuk made a bunch of people look like absolute fools today. Including a Norris winner. What. A. Beast.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Dang, I didn't see the jaster option. Can I change my vote?

Went with the Euro twins as they continue to carry this team. Monster played his best game as a Red Wing (not saying much) and got the win against the top team in the East.

Also, not star worthy this game, but am I the only one that thinks Gator is starting to improve? He's looking faster and hitting even more, with the occasional offensive glimmer. Not to shabby. Still shouldn't be in the top 6 but he's been far from the worst thing to happen to this team.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Monster has a hard time tracking the puck. Kudos to him for battling tho.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Also, not star worthy this game, but am I the only one that thinks Gator is starting to improve? He's looking faster and hitting even more, with the occasional offensive glimmer. Not to shabby. Still shouldn't be in the top 6 but he's been far from the worst thing to happen to this team.

Abby's crappyness has always been overstated due to Babcock's line choices.

RedWingsNow*

Datsyuk --eye popping almost every shift
Gustavsson -- great game from the Monster
Babcock -- Much better job managing the lines. Could still be better balanced, IMO

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Dang, I didn't see the jaster option. Can I change my vote?

Went with the Euro twins as they continue to carry this team. Monster played his best game as a Red Wing (not saying much) and got the win against the top team in the East.

Abdelkader has had a good start to the season, him only having two official hits from the scorer is flat out laughable having watched this game.

He looks faster and heavier and his net drive opened up the Weiss play, is putting himself in the right positions a lot. Did have that brutal moment on the Lucic goal were he got the puck stuck in his feet. But I don't have big complaints about him, think he came in ready to go and provides some nice things for the team. Ideally he would be on a very good third line, we will see how the lines shuffle out.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I didnt pick five wish could cause would give monster and weiss nods.

Datsyuk was magical at times zetterberg got one and almost a second because of him.

I went with franzen over weise cause franzen was even puck possessioning lmao he was hitting best game this year for mule lol

Really loved glendening's play which said had hoped he would get call up this year and is better than andersson and he is proving it so far.

Next tootoo was very good hitting etc... noticed him.

Bertuzzi played well thanks to his line mates etc..

I expect our goalies to play that well both were fluke lucky goals so guess you should give monster the first star honestly he played very well.

Usually though I would expect boston to out play our first line or limit them and they really didnt we out played them honestly why stars to our stars lol.

I will say after this and watching boston now 3-4 times this year they need a guy they need another scoring threat.

I do not feel they are as good as last year. This was one of our better games for sure besides some questionable moves by MIKE lol.

Yet shows a lot of promise:)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
cropped_datsyuk.gif

RedWingsNow*

I want to see the replay of Datsyuk making his move on Seidenberg

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Nice win.

Looking ahead to later this week, Thursday will be third game in 4 days, in the Mile High City, no less. It will be interesting to see if MB uses that as an opportunity to get Tatar in the line-up.

Personally, I would look to give Alfredsson (or Cleary) some rest and Tatar the opportunity in top 9 against a fast team. Not so much as a dig at 11, but if we have this logjam (and with the old timers) I really don't know why you would not want to rotate guys in and out

Also 93 seemed to play today like someone might be getting a shot at his ice time coming up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->