GDT: Wings vs. Wild, 3:00 PM, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Sorry, I wasn't arguing... just that it's an unquestionably a dirty play no matter what he was thinking. I was picturing in my head him getting a phone call later tonight and saying "But I was only trying to spear him in the chest!", like that would get him in the clear.

I would love to listen to that phone call. After watching some of these wings games I could use a good laugh. I would think he will be accepting his suspension with grace, and I'd be surprised if he didn't issue a public apology. Everytime I see it I have to tack on more games. I agree with Milbury on this. This is a 5 game suspension if the league truly cares about player safety.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
I would love to listen to that phone call. After watching some of these wings games I could use a good laugh. I would think he will be accepting his suspension with grace, and I'd be surprised if he didn't issue a public apology. Everytime I see it I have to tack on more games. I agree with Milbury on this. This is a 5 game suspension if the league truly cares about player safety.

Not like it matters anyway. He may as well be suspended now considering how invisible he is.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The only charity you can really give Nyquist is that maybe he was just trying to smash him in the face with the shaft of his stick and the blade was the mistake. But no, he even made sure the blade was positioned for the spear.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I didn't see it, how bad was the spear?

Pretty damn bad. He knew what he was doing, was in complete control of himself... used the tip of his stick to go after the face of a Wild player.

Truthfully I think it would be a bigger punishment if the league let him play. Nyquist hasn't really been great the past two seasons.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Every replay is just worse and worse. Was thinking a fine, then 3 games, now 5-6 games.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Are you kidding me? There is no defenseman on this team that is better with his stick and positioning. Look, I know it sucks losing but let's not make things up.

It's a PK. Someone is always going to be open.

DK is at best a #4 defenseman. I'm just saying what I see when I watch him play. The rare times he is in position he panics and has a terrible clear that usually ends up in the back of our net. I don't disagree that he is one of the better defenseman on our team with positioning and stick play, but that honestly says nothing based on this team's defensive depth.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Watching that replay, I can see Nyquist's thinking: "Ow! I'm going to spear you in the face! Oh ****, I just speared you in the face!"

burbankmarc

Oct 17, 2014
Blash should sit Nyquist on the bench for the remainder of the game. There's no reason to try and hurt someone like that.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Not like it matters anyway. He may as well be suspended now considering how invisible he is.

True, watching our team it's clear we are missing a lot of talent. Kudos to the Wild they have a great team and as much as I hated their coach in Anaheim he really is getting the most outta that talent. I'll still root for the Wings every chance I get, it's not like they're the Lions, but it's weird to watch this version of the winged wheel.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Nyquist knew he ****ed up right away. Right after his facial expression went from aggression to what the **** did I do.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
He is to small got pushed off the puck got pissed and made a very dirty play!! I could care less if he is on this team at all!! He should have been traded when he had some value.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
DK is at best a #4 defenseman. I'm just saying what I see when I watch him play. The rare times he is in position he panics and has a terrible clear that usually ends up in the back of our net. I don't disagree that he is one of the better defenseman on our team with positioning and stick play, but that honestly says nothing based on this team's defensive depth.

I maintain that this team's biggest issue is that they are a bunch of individuals on the ice together. No one knows where their teammates will be. Everyone just kind of stands around watching the puck. You get the puck, you're on your own. Eat it, chip it off the glass, or ice it. Same in the offensive zone. Gain the zone and then just kind of skate into the corner wondering if someone else might make an effort to get open. No options.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
I maintain that this team's biggest issue is that they are a bunch of individuals on the ice together. No one knows where their teammates will be. Everyone just kind of stands around watching the puck. You get the puck, you're on your own. Eat it, chip it off the glass, or ice it. Same in the offensive zone. Gain the zone and then just kind of skate into the corner wondering if someone else might make an effort to get open. No options.

I could see that, that's on the coaching. I think I'm most disappointed with Dekeyser because he regressed as much as he has, but when everyone on the team regresses you have to question what is being coached. Puck support and team structure can make a team go from average to very good, just look at the Wild this year compared to last year.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
He is to small got pushed off the puck got pissed and made a very dirty play!! I could care less if he is on this team at all!! He should have been traded when he had some value.

Why would a contending team trade a 26 year old-ish forward 2-3 years ago? His value since Babs has left has seriously decreased. Wait till he has value, don't trade at an all-time low. We need a new coach for a number of reasons. With a coach, we can help these players get more value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad