GDT: Wings vs sabres 7:00 pm et 4/6/19 last game

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really do think all four of the young guys are going to consolidate this and take a step forward.

So for those saying we will be bottom three again next year, I really don't see it, we are going to have too much up front. I guess we will see, but it is hard not to look at where Larkin (all year), Bert, Mantha and AA have taken their games to.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Ken Daniels talking about Kucherov, most points by a Russian since 92-93...

Most points by ANYONE since like 94-95.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I really do think all four of the young guys are going to consolidate this and take a step forward.

So for those saying we will be bottom three again next year, I really don't see it, we are going to have too much up front. I guess we will see, but it is hard not to look at where Larkin (all year), Bert, Mantha and AA have taken their games to.

I would add Hronek to that list as well. Been playing pretty incredible down the stretch.

Reactions: LazyT

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

A hopefully healthy Green and a full season of Hronek will do wonders to our record next year.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

With Veleno Geno and Zadina all most likely on the roster at some point next season it seems like drafting a forward would be a luxury pick? Of course if we get 1 or 2 we have to take Hughes/Kakko but we don't NEED forwards. If we pick let's say 4-7 I would trade back with like Anaheim for 9 and 20 if they do that and get a Broberg and Knight combo. ..

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
With Veleno Geno and Zadina all most likely on the roster at some point next season it seems like drafting a forward would be a luxury pick? Of course if we get 1 or 2 we have to take Hughes/Kakko but we don't NEED forwards. If we pick let's say 4-7 I would trade back with like Anaheim for 9 and 20 if they do that and get a Broberg and Knight combo. ..
I'd rather take Byram at 3 than Broberg at 9 and Knight.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Wow really? You are that big on him? He seems a bit undersized to be a 1D which is basically what he will be drafted to be.
I probably wouldn't because of the forward options. I'm just not high on Broberg and goalies are hit or miss.

Reactions: DetroitRed

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
The steps taken forward by the kids in these last few games are encouraging. That being said....

For the love of god, please just lose this one game.

I would add Hronek to that list as well. Been playing pretty incredible down the stretch.

Been super impressive. Maybe he builds on this and takes another step, and Cholo has a good off season, and our defence starts to look half decent.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd rather take Byram at 3 than Broberg at 9 and Knight.

Yeah, there's a pretty big gap there between 3rd and 9th. I know Broberg doesn't get much love, but it takes just one team to do jump on him then we're looking at Zegras, Krebs, and Newhook as the best guys left on the board. I wouldn't want to fall that far, I'd rather just see the Wings grab the best guy on their board at 3 and be done. If we come in at 6th or 7th, and can trade back to 9th + a late 1st...yeah, I jump on that.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I probably wouldn't because of the forward options. I'm just not high on Broberg and goalies are hit or miss.
Yeah. I'd certainly take Knight around the low 20s, but not 1-15. He'll be an NHL goalie, I have little doubt about that. The question is how good will he be in the NHL. He could be the next Vasilevskiy or he could be the next Bernier.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah. I'd certainly take Knight around the low 20s, but not 1-15. He'll be an NHL goalie, I have little doubt about that. The question is how good will he be in the NHL. He could be the next Vasilevskiy or he could be the next Bernier.

I'm not sure I'd ever use a 1st on a goalie. Just such a risk of them flaking, getting hurt, or whatever. I still remember NYI drafting Luongo one year, then turning around and drafting Di Pietro , dealing Luongo, and then having DiPietro's hips go out. Give me a forward or defenceman any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad