GDT: Wings vs sabres 7:00 pm et 4/6/19 last game

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
I didn't say that Frk was a quality NHL player. I said that he was a better NHL player than Tomas Jurco. And 12 goals in 127 shots when the vast majority of them are bombs from the point? Yeah, that's an NHL caliber shot.
I don't understand your point.

Just a quick glance around the history of the league for guys with similar shooting talents that mostly run point on the PP and uncork the heavy shot... they're all between 7-10 S%. Guess where 12 in 127 puts you?

Martin Frk is a one-trick pony and gets minutes and opportunity commiserate with that. Tomas Jurco turned into a zero-trick pony and that's why he's back in the AHL to stay.
I think we can put this debate on hold till next season, when they are both out of the NHL.btw, by that tíme Jurco will still have 200 games in the NHL to his name, while Frk will have exactly 100, so I would reserve judgement on who the better player is until then

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I think we can put this debate on hold till next season, when they are both out of the NHL.btw, by that tíme Jurco will still have 200 games in the NHL to his name, while Frk will have exactly 100, so I would reserve judgement on who the better player is until then

Or we can set it aside forever and just know they're both mediocre at their very bests.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd like to see this as our top 6 next yr.
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Hirose-AA-Zadina
Zadina needs to improve a lot to be on the second line, and whole line so bad at defence, not going to work , it's Helm, Gleny or Aby place

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Zadina needs to improve a lot to be on the second line, and whole line so bad at defence, not going to work , it's Helm, Gleny or Aby place
Out of the 3, I'd prefer Glenny. He seems to understand where Hirose is going with the puck.

Abby belongs in GR. Helm-Nielsen-Zadina/Raz is an adequate 3rd line until one of them is ready for the 2nd line.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Do you ever read what I type? Ever? Or is my name kind of just a red cape and you're a bull?

I've said OVER AND OVER AND ****ING OVER that AA can be a special player when he wants to be. That when he was getting benched it was because he wasn't trying to the best of his ability. That when he and Ferris were holding out and using the KHL for leverage he hadn't done anything remotely close enough to proving himself to warrant a long drawn out contract dispute, particularly when players with similar performance had already signed their deals.

AA was always a good player who had the skills of a great one and the heart of a bad one. This year, he took several steps forward and is starting to play with more consistent compete level. Lo and behold, he's starting to get more responsibility and playing time.

I never hated AA, I just hated that so many wanted to put him up to be something he wasn't because he scored flashy goals. He has matured and that's fantastic for him and for Detroit. But it doesn't make the worries about him in his first three years just vanish.
First of all RELAX, it's not that serious man lol. Secondly, yes YOU were/are (not sure yet) one of the biggest AA haters. You were pushing so hard for him to get traded. I just find it funny ppl are pretending like AA was universally loved on here and wasn't almost ran out of town by the media (mainly HSJ) and KH. If you like him now cool. But I have yet to hear you criticize Abdelkader, Nielsen, Helm,Kronwall ,Ericsson (all who make more money than him btw) with the same verocity as you've done with AA.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
First of all RELAX, it's not that serious man lol. Secondly, yes YOU were/are (not sure yet) one of the biggest AA haters. You were pushing so hard for him to get traded. I just find it funny ppl are pretending like AA was universally loved on here and wasn't almost ran out of town by the media (mainly HSJ) and KH. If you like him now cool. But I have yet to hear you criticize Abdelkader, Nielsen, Helm,Kronwall ,Ericsson (all who make more money than him btw) with the same verocity as you've done with AA.

My opinion on AA has turned this season. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't want him traded for a top pairing D-man in a heart beat.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Guys/Gals can we stop with the personal attacks please. We only have one left, how about we try our best to make it better than most the other GDTs this year... Please.
41pih9cD1-L._SX425_.jpg

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Because AA is a guy who can actually do something about it.

Abby, Nielsen, Helm, Kronner, and Ericsson are all old, injured or just plain suck. What on Earth do you gain by complaining about guys who everyone knows suck? Also, none of them were benched by the team for ****ing off in games. None of them were audibly ripped by the coaching staff, the radio announcers (Ken Kal and Paul Woods), the idiots on 97.1, etc. Athanasiou was taking lazy to the Nth degree in his bad games. Normally the FSD guys or anyone with a vested interest in the team are going to prop up anyone. Watch any Tigers live this year when the Tigers lose 9-3... they'll talk about some great cut the 7th batter took.

Fine, though. Want to hear me complain about all of them?

Abby's contract sucks worse than anything. It's garbage and so is he. You agree with me, so why the hell do we discuss it? He's immovable garbage.

Nielsen is paid too much and does too little. He's not terrible, but he certainly shouldn't be getting 5.5M to be a third line center. If they could trade him, it would make sense, but his salary vs production makes him immovable. He's not completely worthless, but for the money, it's a terrible deal. He's part of the worst, most expensive 3rd line in hockey.

Helm is paid about a million too much. He was a much better player before injuries got to him and robbed him of what kind of made him a special player, or the best 3C in hockey according to Babcock. Still though, he would get a breakaway almost every other game it seemed. He would never convert because of stone hands though. Also, he can't stay healthy and that was kinda known in 2016, so another point on this being a really bad deal.

Ericsson is whatever. He probably should be retiring very soon because his hand, hip, and knee are ****ed. He's a pilon and the Wings would be better off without him. But he is one of the few D that they had that gave them size and remotely competent play every now and again. He has never been as bad as people want to make him out to be (worst D in the league level), but he's certainly never been very good either. 6x4.25 was a reasonable salary for a guy who was adequately playing a top 4 role. Once injuries started piling up he was unable to do that, and he and his contract look really bad now.

Kronwall is about 85 years old and should certainly be done after this year. He's slow due to his age and he isn't physical anymore. His PMD ability is down as well. But it's really really hard to criticize him overall because he was just signed through an advanced age. Father Time caught up with Kronwall and bashed his legs and back with a lead pipe.

And nobody is acting like AA was universally loved. The general opinion I see is that when AA was playing lazy, uninspired hockey, people hated him. When he was holding out and using the KHL for leverage, people were ready to be done with his nonsense. Once he matured a little bit and started looking like he gave a damn, people backed off.

Bottom line is, it is really easy to attack a player who is so obviously skilled and looks like he doesn't give a **** compared to a guy who's either too old or too hurt or put in a role that he isn't suited for.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad