GDT: Wings vs sabres 7:00 pm et 4/6/19 last game

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'd like to see AA get his hat trick and take over the team lead in goal even though he has muted all his haters and has most of them pretending like they weren't ever a hater of his......

He's played a lot better. Now he needs to maintain it. I admit, he has quieted a lot lot lot of the criticism that was lobbed his way. If you want to give him credit now, you must admit that he had a long way to come to this point.

But for a better team and to be a better C, he still needs to use his linemates more or there will be a hard cap on how good he can become.

He is absolutely a bargain at 3M now. But with AA, it's always been in his head and in his effort. He's never lost his hands or his speed, just his commitment was lacking.

And again, if you ever listened to anything the coaching staff ever said about him while they were benching him, every sentence was "We think AA is a special player who can do special things. He just needs to get his compete level up, game-in, game-out."

But you keep on banging that victim drum about it. AA lacked engagement and it showed in his play. He starts engaging like he did this year and voila.

Most people didn't hate AA to hate him. They hated him because he was a guy with ridiculous skill who just seemed like he didn't care enough to use it.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
I don't think this game would be a good tíme to start Fulcher..he plays good, he single-handedly worsens our draft position..but if he plays bad in the last game of the season, he doesn't get a chance to redeem himself, because I don't think he gets a chance during GR playoff run behind Rybar

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I don't think this game would be a good tíme to start Fulcher..he plays good, he single-handedly worsens our draft position..but if he plays bad in the last game of the season, he doesn't get a chance to redeem himself, because I don't think he gets a chance during GR playoff run behind Rybar
It would be doing him a favor. He's probably never going to play an NHL game. It would have been nice of them, kind of a win/win.

This organization just doesn't go out of its way to its players many favors. The Cholowski thing from earlier in the year comes to mind. It would have been easy to do something nice, and they just declined to.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Uhhh no he's not

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. There is no metric by which Jurco has been a better NHL player than Frk. Neither has been particularly good, but Jurco is basically 0.25 PPG for his career. Frk is 0.33.

Jurco likely has more talent than Frk, but between the Wings bringing him up and trying to make him a grinder and his back injuries, Jurco has been thoroughly ruined as a solid NHL piece.

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Uhhh no he's not
He is a more complete player, just can't seem to process the game at a spred required for the NHL..he's got speed and physical play, as well sa some nice moves and creative passing (haven't watched him since he was traded, so some of this may have changed). Frk Has a rocker of a shot, that's it

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
He is a more complete player, just can't seem to process the game at a spred required for the NHL..he's got speed and physical play, as well sa some nice moves and creative passing (haven't watched him since he was traded, so some of this may have changed). Frk Has a rocker of a shot, that's it

Well then he's not a more complete player then. Frk has one NHL caliber tool. Jurco has none.

It really isn't more complex than that.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
In an effort to achieve peace in the universe, solidarity within Red Wings fandom and for a brighter future, I as an anti-tank proponent do hereby relinquish all rights and claims to tonights game and give my blessing in whatever may result.

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Well then he's not a more complete player then. Frk has one NHL caliber tool. Jurco has none.

It really isn't more complex than that.
How many goals has Frk scored with his "NHL-quality" shot? 12 in 99? If that's your definition of quality, then sure, you win.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
How many goals has Frk scored with his "NHL-quality" shot? 12 in 99? If that's your definition of quality, then sure, you win.

I didn't say that Frk was a quality NHL player. I said that he was a better NHL player than Tomas Jurco. And 12 goals in 127 shots when the vast majority of them are bombs from the point? Yeah, that's an NHL caliber shot.
I don't understand your point.

Just a quick glance around the history of the league for guys with similar shooting talents that mostly run point on the PP and uncork the heavy shot... they're all between 7-10 S%. Guess where 12 in 127 puts you?

Martin Frk is a one-trick pony and gets minutes and opportunity commiserate with that. Tomas Jurco turned into a zero-trick pony and that's why he's back in the AHL to stay.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
We have the Kuff Ehn Frk line, that's pretty kinky.

Why are we debating on who's better, Jurco or Frk. That's like debating on whether McDonalds or Burger King is better....

Kuff Ehn Frk so hot right now.

Let's call up player-coach Cleary. Frk-Ehn-Cleary.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
He's played a lot better. Now he needs to maintain it. I admit, he has quieted a lot lot lot of the criticism that was lobbed his way. If you want to give him credit now, you must admit that he had a long way to come to this point.

But for a better team and to be a better C, he still needs to use his linemates more or there will be a hard cap on how good he can become.

He is absolutely a bargain at 3M now. But with AA, it's always been in his head and in his effort. He's never lost his hands or his speed, just his commitment was lacking.

And again, if you ever listened to anything the coaching staff ever said about him while they were benching him, every sentence was "We think AA is a special player who can do special things. He just needs to get his compete level up, game-in, game-out."

But you keep on banging that victim drum about it. AA lacked engagement and it showed in his play. He starts engaging like he did this year and voila.

Most people didn't hate AA to hate him. They hated him because he was a guy with ridiculous skill who just seemed like he didn't care enough to use it.
Just you? :laugh::huh:

Yooper906

Jul 1, 2016
Michigan
End the season with a win. It would be a terrible loss. Who gives a f*** about one spot in the draft. Always rooting for us to win. Especially for all the fans who pay money to go see their team win. 4-1 wings. #LGRW

Reactions: Sentinel

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Just you? :laugh::huh:

Do you ever read what I type? Ever? Or is my name kind of just a red cape and you're a bull?

I've said OVER AND OVER AND ****ING OVER that AA can be a special player when he wants to be. That when he was getting benched it was because he wasn't trying to the best of his ability. That when he and Ferris were holding out and using the KHL for leverage he hadn't done anything remotely close enough to proving himself to warrant a long drawn out contract dispute, particularly when players with similar performance had already signed their deals.

AA was always a good player who had the skills of a great one and the heart of a bad one. This year, he took several steps forward and is starting to play with more consistent compete level. Lo and behold, he's starting to get more responsibility and playing time.

I never hated AA, I just hated that so many wanted to put him up to be something he wasn't because he scored flashy goals. He has matured and that's fantastic for him and for Detroit. But it doesn't make the worries about him in his first three years just vanish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad