GDT: Wings vs sabres 7:00 pm et 4/6/19 last game

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Why don't both teams just agree to pull their goalies to pad their individual stats?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If this is Kronwall's last game, then I'm sad to see him go. I know he isn't a spring chicken any more, but unless Yzerman/Holland signs some good FA defenders, he's still one of Detroit's better options. I mean, he isn't the worst defender on the roster even at his age.
I appreciate his services but it's time.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If this is Kronwall's last game, then I'm sad to see him go. I know he isn't a spring chicken any more, but unless Yzerman/Holland signs some good FA defenders, he's still one of Detroit's better options. I mean, he isn't the worst defender on the roster even at his age.

He has helped both Hronek and Bowey down the stretch. The real issue with Kronwall coming back is it really means they need to move on from Daley/Ericsson, one of them needs to go. Some of this will be on Cholowski and McIsaac to really push them on this too. I don't mind Kronwall back, he has played pretty well this year. He isn't what he was, but he isn't terrible and I like that he talks to all the kids all the time, there are a lot worse people to have around. But it really should be with moving on from another vet or at least explaining to those guys they are press box or minors first options kind of like San Jose did to Paul Martin a little bit ago.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I appreciate his services but it's time.
They've gone such a long time without being able to draft another defender of Kronwall's caliber. Some guys never really considered him a true "number one." I'm not sure he ever was truly that, but he has been a rarity for Detroit.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
They've gone such a long time without being able to draft another defender of Kronwall's caliber. Some guys never really considered him a true "number one." I'm not sure he ever was truly that, but he has been a rarity for Detroit.
I agree. I want an 18 year old Kronwall though.

Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
He has helped both Hronek and Bowey down the stretch. The real issue with Kronwall coming back is it really means they need to move on from Daley/Ericsson, one of them needs to go. Some of this will be on Cholowski and McIsaac to really push them on this too. I don't mind Kronwall back, he has played pretty well this year. He isn't what he was, but he isn't terrible and I like that he talks to all the kids all the time, there are a lot worse people to have around. But it really should be with moving on from another vet or at least explaining to those guys they are press box or minors first options kind of like San Jose did to Paul Martin a little bit ago.
Yeah, he had a heck of a season. He came out of the gates this year hitting hard until he nearly killed that kid in the Islanders game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad