GDT: Wings vs pens 7:30 pm et 4/2/19

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Larkin turning into an elite player is pretty awesome. I love Hughes and Kakko, but I wouldn’t want to live in a world where we had to sacrifice having Larkin to ensure we had the opportunity to pick in the top two. Basically, Larkin has carried this team to where we are right now. I know that doesn’t say much, but then I watch Eichel and the Sabres, and for the first time I start to think that I would take Larkin over Eichel.
It's not an either/or. But having said that, other than Larkin, I would trade any two players from this roster for Jack Hughes or Kappo Kakko. I think those players are that good, and this franchise needs a player of that caliber that badly.

Yooper906

Jul 1, 2016
Michigan
Always great beating the Pens. Liked how our young core played. A+ effort by all involved. Happy to see the players playing hard for Blash. Nice not to give up a lead in the 3rd period, because we definitely went into a shell again. Nice counter attack though. Always great to go into an off-season with momentum, and your young core leading the way. #LGRW

Reactions: Mister Bungle

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
oAxCu4R.png

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
It's not an either/or. But having said that, other than Larkin, I would trade any two players from this roster for Jack Hughes or Kappo Kakko. I think those players are that good, and this franchise needs a player of that caliber that badly.

I wouldn’t trade any combination of Mantha/Bert/AA. That would put us back another 2-3 years in our rebuild.

Reactions: Sentinel and lilidk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I wouldn’t trade any combination of Mantha/Bert/AA. That would put us back another 2-3 years in our rebuild.
All three of those players are worlds closer to being the next Nyquist or Tatar than being a perennial All Star, which is what Hughes is tracking towards.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
All three of those players are worlds closer to being the next Nyquist or Tatar than being a perennial All Star, which is what Hughes is tracking towards.

This is your comparison? Cmon man, I’d argue that they are in the middle, at least AA and Mantha are. Hughes and Kaako can change the dynamic of the team, but not enough to get us to the playoffs/make us a contender any faster than keeping those 3 players and getting another top 10 pick.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016

undervalue larkin much? getting close to ppg while playing great d. if bert and larkins work ethic rub off on mantha they could be one of the top lines in the league for the next 10 years.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
undervalue larkin much? getting close to ppg while playing great d. if bert and larkins work ethic rub off on mantha they could be one of the top lines in the league for the next 10 years.

Who is undervaluing Larkin? Players mentioned were Bert, AA, and Mantha not Larkin.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I have no words for Bert and Larkin. Can we please get these guys in the playoffs? It's going to be so ****ing awesome to watch.
You remember when people were saying, at the start of the season, Bert is too slow for Larkin lol

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hope it was worth it.
You say that as though we have some control over the games. Players and coaches don't read hockey forums. I stayed away from car forums when I worked at Ford because the general public has no knowledge of what they're talking about.

I bet they have an intern in marketing or some other department that skims through it though, so if anything complain about the Abby commercials. He sucks.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Sucks to lose draft position yes... It's great to see the young players doing so well. The players we have are a known commodity, them improving is better than worrying about how many bingo balls you have in a lottery you already have a small chance of winning.

We rebuilt this year, gained picks, played the kids, they developed and we have a decent chance at a top 5 pick... Mission accomplished and I'm happy.

If we started 15-5 and then finished with the same record, people would be happy we fell so far down to gain a better chance in the lottery .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad