GDT: Wings vs pens 7:30 pm et 4/2/19

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Here’s the question that needs to be answered.

Put the rest of the season behind us...when do we start to believe that this is more than a fluke?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Even with this loss, Pittsburgh isn't missing the playoffs, so Detroit isn't spoiling anything except their draft stock. I'm changing the channel.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I hopped off the tank train when the odds slipped away. A lucky bounce of Bettman's little balls could happen but not likely.

Hate the Pens would be great to spoil their season.

True. I will never actively cheer for losses. But I accepted the tank afterwards.

Now? I love seeing these guys play like this. Larkin has 73 points and is pretty much a ppg player.

Such a nice feeling to see hope again.

Christien

May 1, 2010
This has been one of Ehn’s best games of the season. Looks really good out there

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I just think having some of the vets out has forced Blashill to keep the top two lines kind of stable for the first time in like forever. So, with something like set lines for once, roles have become clearer and as a result, we're using pieces like Mantha the right way finally.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
we play our best hockey (by far) of the season as soon as all the vets are injured

what a surprise

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Larkin turning into an elite player is pretty awesome. I love Hughes and Kakko, but I wouldn’t want to live in a world where we had to sacrifice having Larkin to ensure we had the opportunity to pick in the top two. Basically, Larkin has carried this team to where we are right now. I know that doesn’t say much, but then I watch Eichel and the Sabres, and for the first time I start to think that I would take Larkin over Eichel.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Here’s the question that needs to be answered.

Put the rest of the season behind us...when do we start to believe that this is more than a fluke?

I don't think this first line is a fluke... AA looks to have advanced his game as well.

The real question is are the next generation of guys quicker to figure this out. Hronek, Cholowski, Rasmussen, and Zadina making significant steps forward but maybe a little quicker with big time younger leaders and friends to follow might speed this up. But the big young 4 we have going down this stretch up front are going to need more help. They cannot stay this hot for the balance of a season.

Reactions: DInTheB and KJoe88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad