GDT: Wings vs Devils

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Miles Wood is not a guy to play around with when he is trying to gap you up. He is one of the few guys that skates on the level of Larkin. Straight line he might be there with McDavid and Larks.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Okay, I admit. Even I didn’t think Larkin would be this good.

He’s found this new offense that really has come out of no where.

In my eyes we have our 1C. And if Larkin continues to play like this, and I hope he does, imo he wills the team away from a top three pick.

But I couldn’t be more happy for him. What a player he’s becoming and flourishing in front of our eyes

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

In my eyes we have our 1C. And if Larkin continues to play like this, and I hope he does, imo he wills the team away from a top three pick.

But I couldn’t be more happy for him. What a player he’s becoming and flourishing in front of our eyes

He is ready and willing to step into the Zetterberg void. It is interesting, but everything they talk about with his character and everything else about his drive to be the best and all that, well this is why people rave about that stuff. Larkin has put in a lot of work and I know we will hit stretches where he doesn't play quite at this level, but I am really happy. He is a core piece, we know we have one.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008

Just imagine if we land Hughes and we have Larkin and Hughes as our 1-2 punch down the middle for years to come.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Just imagine if we land Hughes and we have Larkin and Hughes as our 1-2 punch down the middle for years to come.

Our forward core would be set imo. We’d have potential 1A/1B situation.

I just don’t think the team is bad enough to get the number one pick. We’re bad but not that bad.

I guess we’ll see. We started off awful and now we’re not as awful. I guess by December we’ll know if we’re in the running for Hughes

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

With Veleno your likely 3C in that scenario, there would not be a better skating down the middle top 9.

Larkin keeps playing like this though, he is going to drag us away from best odds on Hughes. I am okay with that for the record. Mantha, Cholo, AA and Larks dragging us away from the basement is fine for me, we are getting a top 10 pick regardless of herculean efforts by Larkin. I still think if you set your board right you walk away with a good player regardless this year. Though Hughes is special, I will be on a summer long party if we win the lottery this year.

Reactions: KJoe88

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Let's go get this in the second period fellas

da7d73d0-cda9-11e5-8e3b-a147afa1ab21_DYLAN_LARKIN_-0.gif

I also feel like we should just start GDT with this gif.:laugh:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Great first period. I have loved our starts the last two games.

I look at the speed of today's game and ask why you would draft a center or defensemen that isn't a plus skater.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Can we have a good 2nd for once? It seems the period where all our wheels fall off this year.These 2nds always make me nervous.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Our forward core would be set imo. We’d have potential 1A/1B situation.

I just don’t think the team is bad enough to get the number one pick. We’re bad but not that bad.

I guess we’ll see. We started off awful and now we’re not as awful. I guess by December we’ll know if we’re in the running for Hughes

To be honest I didn't think we would be terrible bad but at least top 5 pick again even with the bad start and the injuries at the beginning we still look decent and now that most of the regulars are back I am liking what I see from this team a bit more and more.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
With Veleno your likely 3C in that scenario, there would not be a better skating down the middle top 9.

Larkin keeps playing like this though, he is going to drag us away from best odds on Hughes. I am okay with that for the record. Mantha, Cholo, AA and Larks dragging us away from the basement is fine for me, we are getting a top 10 pick regardless of herculean efforts by Larkin. I still think if you set your board right you walk away with a good player regardless this year. Though Hughes is special, I will be on a summer long party if we win the lottery this year.

Have to say if Larkin keeps progressing the way he is and Cholo does on defense and some but not of all prospects turn out what they are suppose to be I think the future of this team will be looking good.

And you're right if we Hughes have Larkin and Veleno down the middle that is some speed right there along with AA and Mantha.

This team will be fast going forward I believe and just add the right pieces either by trade or FA in the next few years this rebuild will be looking good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad