Wings trade Nyquist to SJ for 2019 2nd & 2020 Conditional 3rd

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Dzingel is younger and is cost controlled so hence the better outright deal. Zucc is marginally better/more proven so it makes sense that he would get the higher upside conditions. At least the conditional 2nd here is somewhat likely. We can probably treat this as Nyquist for 2 2nds, which is pretty fair. Looks like there simply aren't enough available 1st rounders for rentals this year.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
He can stay in San Jose or he can return. The only thing I don't want is for him to return and have Holland do his contract.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Oh it’s Florida’s 2nd round pick this year. That’s not bad. 3 of the top 45 picks isn’t bad. We also get the Islanders 2nd round pick too. So, 4 picks in the top 60 and likely 5 of the first 65 picks.

Hopefully, Howard gets moved as well.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
All youngsters on the top line now I would guess. Should be good for their development if Blashill can resist shifting them around endlessly and without cause. Not a chance of that not happening though.:(

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think Zucc going first brought the return down a bit, but I am happy with this. I didn't want to see him not get traded, and I also don't want him back. Time to move younger and different. We have had Nyquist, and we didn't win with him. A return means, too much money, too many years, and a barf NTC which players like Nyquist should never get. Only Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Larkin level players should get NTC or NMC's.

Reactions: Mister Bungle

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Nyq has that NTC though. Might have been two possible suitors he approved of and neither had much to trade.

Without details this is speculation. And a C is average. He got the average return for Nyquist. He gets an average grade. He got a kings Ransom for Tatar, he gets an A. He gets a good return for Jensen he gets an A-/B+.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Without details this is speculation. And a C is average. He got the average return for Nyquist. He gets an average grade. He got a kings Ransom for Tatar, he gets an A. He gets a good return for Jensen he gets an A-/B+.
Well, yeah. Either way it's Kenny's fault because he gave him the NTC and did the trade. But I think just the nature of the deal speaks about the level of competition for him. Couldn't have been great.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Well, yeah. Either way it's Kenny's fault because he gave him the NTC and did the trade. But I think just the nature of the deal speaks about the level of competition for him. Couldn't have been great.

I really don't know. I wonder if they pulled the trigger a bit early?

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I give this trade a B+ based on the idea that this is two 2nds. That is slightly better than market value for a pure rental. In all likelihood, Zucc goes for less than that and he's the more proven player. The fact that Ottawa had such a talented group of forwards that they had to move on from all at the same time thinned the market. Compact that with Gus having a NTC, writing was on the wall that this trade wouldn't be amazing for Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad