Wings trade Nyquist to SJ for 2019 2nd & 2020 Conditional 3rd

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Looks like Nyquist is fitting in real nice over in San Jose. Just had a 2 goal game and putting up some points. Good for him. He is a better player than we had the pleasure of witnessing in Detroit.
he is what he is , a good one way forward. We just got good replacement for him with Hirose. I don't think we get him beck

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I always liked Nyquist , but time to move on . He doesn't fit Red Wings any more, he needs to play puck possession game. Hope he wins cup with Sharks

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He had one empty net goal and one assist in 6 games prior to last night. Seems a little premature to say if he's fitting in one way or another

Aside from putting up goals, the eye test. Not sure if that is considered "premature" unless you are just stat watching from afar.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Looks like Nyquist is fitting in real nice over in San Jose. Just had a 2 goal game and putting up some points. Good for him. He is a better player than we had the pleasure of witnessing in Detroit.
We witnessed plenty of great Nyquist-hockey in Detroit. Much of it this season. Shouldn’t be a surprise he’s good elsewhere too.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Part of it as well is that fact theres some wings fans who believe he is a star or first line player.

His goal/point totals for his career average out to being below average 2nd line and above average third line player. That is a statistical fact.

San Jose will play him where he should thrive now. Third line with one of the best passers to play the game even in his old age, still damn good. So when he finishes the year strong(well should....) I expect some wings fan to cry some more about how great he is, then Ken holland can over sign him for 5.5m or 6m a year for 6 years.

As I was saying....

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Nyquist did great for where the state of the team was... He helped us make the playoffs. Became a reliable point producing two way winger and eventually was moved for future assets.

Helped us in playing and in moving on, he would be viewed much differently if he had joined us during the cup years. I'll say the same for Tatar.. talented players who should never have been go to guys but at times had to be on the current Wings (and ones of recent memory).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I am not surprised he looks good on a better, deeper and more talented roster...

also

4th best at CorsiFor%
------------------------
1.Radil, 58.56%
2.Kane, 56.6%
3.Thornton, 56.6%
4. Nyquist, 56.6%

4th best at GoalsFor%
1. Radil, 76.2%
2. Meier, 57.5%
3. Donskoi, 56.5%
4. Nyquist, 55.6%