Wings sign Filppula to a 2 year deal

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Holland would get torn apart for this. Let’s see how Yzerman gets treated. Bad signing imo.
Why do people feel the need to police how Yzerman is getting treated versus Holland?

Aside from his storied history here as Captain of the Wings, Yzerman is a new GM for the franchise so will get more rope. Holland had long used his up by repeating mistakes.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I would be fine if this was a 1 year deal, why the extra year? Obviously Stevie is a big fan of him, seeing has this is the second time he has signed him.

Reactions: jprenkert

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
A #6/7D from the Avs getting a "nice raise" over $2.5M is an overpayment.

I have really no reaction to the Filppula signing other than finding it funny that Yzerman has gone for a classic Holland tactic of re-treading guys that have been here before. Hopefully it goes better than Samuelsson and Quincey, though.
It literally doesn't matter "how well it goes", we aren't competing for a playoff spot anytime soon. He's literally a stop gap and everybody is freaking out.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Fine with this if it means they're gonna move Nielsen out. If not, I do not care for it

Reactions: odin1981

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Holland would get torn apart for this. Let’s see how Yzerman gets treated. Bad signing imo.

Yep, he would. It's a silly signing. And most of the people saying they are "ok with it" (because, let's be real, it's Yzerman and not Holland) are huge hypocrites.

Reactions: Fynn and GreytWun

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Why do people feel the need to police how Yzerman is getting treated versus Holland?

Aside from his storied history here as Captain of the Wings, Yzerman is a new GM for the franchise so will get more rope. Holland had long used his up by repeating mistakes.

Because it’s the truth? No need to be an apologist.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I think this is solid. Curious how much each year is. Has better offensive upside than Neilsen and can play any situation. I think Stevie is a huge fan. Wonder who gets #51 this year? Hopefully some dead weight gets moved soon and young guys like veleno forces stevie to push old overpriced guys out.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Because it’s the truth? No need to be an apologist.
No need to came call. I hadn't even commented on the trade.

The thread is about Filpulla. Not crying about how Holland would've been treated.

As I stated, obviously as the new guy and a beloved Red Wings, Yzerman is going to get more of the benefit of the doubt than Holland would. Get over it.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So
Mantha-Larks-Bert
AA-Nielsen-Hirose

guessing Svech & Zadina start in GR, unless Witkowski gets signed too.

Our D is also a log jam aka competition for spots.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Yep, he would. It's a silly signing. And most of the people saying they are "ok with it" (because, let's be real, it's Yzerman and not Holland) are huge hypocrites.
If Holland made this signing I would have been okay with it.
This does nothing to affect our future, so why are people mad?

Reactions: TKB

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
A #6/7D from the Avs getting a "nice raise" over $2.5M is an overpayment.

I have really no reaction to the Filppula signing other than finding it funny that Yzerman has gone for a classic Holland tactic of re-treading guys that have been here before. Hopefully it goes better than Samuelsson and Quincey, though.

When Holland made those signings we were trying to win.

I can't believe (well I guess I should believe) some of the reactions here (not just you) to a couple of 2 year deals, no one should have expected any big signings.

SFY is simply plugging some holes.

Reactions: NickH8

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

You should judge the move based on it's merit alone, not on who made the move.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
No need to came call. I hadn't even commented on the trade.

The thread is about Filpulla. Not crying about how Holland would've been treated.

As I stated, obviously as the new guy and a beloved Red Wings, Yzerman is going to get more of the benefit of the doubt than Holland would. Get over it.

Lol name calling.. oh boy.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
The Wings
Lol name calling.. oh boy.
Would you prefer I call it dismissive labeling?

I'm not an Yzerman apologist. I hadn't even commented on the trade yet but you categorized me already.

Go follow Edmonton if you want to focus on how Holland is treated.

Reactions: RedMenace

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We don't know the money on Nemeth, and Fil is likely just a stop gap for Veleno. I don't understand how you could get your panties in a bunch over this.

Isn’t that what Nielsen is for?? Who’s signed until age 38. Maybe signing another guy until 37 for that is not needed here...

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
You should judge the move based on it's merit alone, not on who made the move.
Which I try to do. But giving someone who is the GM some leeway because they have a plan or know more than you is also part of the deal.

Holland had burned up a lot of that leeway here so people were less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. None of this is objective. It's all opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad