Wings sign Filppula to a 2 year deal

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Probably to move AA back to the wing. Would prefer one year but meh, not a big deal.

Reactions: hkydave04

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Tight lipped Yzerman, team account breaking the deal before insiders.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
giphy.gif

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Are we 100% sure Ken Holland isn't still in charge?

Overpaying 3rd pairing D and re-treading old Wings is Classic Holland...
We don't know the money on Nemeth, and Fil is likely just a stop gap for Veleno. I don't understand how you could get your panties in a bunch over this.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
So instead of picking up Trouba and/or Subban for peanuts we pick up Flip Flop, Nemeth and Pickard. 2nd last here we come.

Shitty job Yzerman so far.

Reactions: 14ari13

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
We don't know the money on Nemeth, and Fil is likely just a stop gap for Veleno. I don't understand how you could get your panties in a bunch over this.

A #6/7D from the Avs getting a "nice raise" over $2.5M is an overpayment.

I have really no reaction to the Filppula signing other than finding it funny that Yzerman has gone for a classic Holland tactic of re-treading guys that have been here before. Hopefully it goes better than Samuelsson and Quincey, though.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
These are 2 depth signings that will come off the books in 2 years when we are ready to contend and be buyers on the FA market in a couple years. Relax

Reactions: name

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

The Daley, Vanek, and Green (2nd time) contracts were just stopgaps as well. Didn't stop people here from complaining, because it was Ken Holland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad