News Article: Wings release roster for Matthew Wuest Memorial Cup (Prospect Tournament)

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Yes, 5-4. Dallas proably pulled the goalie, because they had to win at regular time. :handclap:

EDIT:

No it was just a breakaway goal. :D

Nice effort. Absolutely great. They did this in the spirit of Matthew Wuest.

I think he read your "Can't bury his chances" remark :sarcasm:

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Yes, 5-4. Dallas proably pulled the goalie, because they had to win at regular time. :handclap:

EDIT:

No it was just a breakaway goal. :D

Nice effort. Absolutely great. They did this in the spirit of Matthew Wuest.

There were still over 2 mins left and according the play by play as of now the goalie was still in.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Wings win according the Lindy's live tweets!

Common boys lets bring home the championship for Matt. No other team should lift the Matthew Wuest Memorial Cup in its inaugural year than the team he spent so many years reporting on and following.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
DET - DAL 5-4

1st period
05:22 1-0 DET Dylan Larkin (Andreas Athanasiou) PP
17:15 1-1 DAL Devin Shore (Remi Elie)

2nd period
32:19 1-2 DAL Mattias Janmark (unassisted)
35:09 2-2 DET Evgeny Svechnikov (Vili Saarijärvi, Tomas Nosek)

3rd period
41:19 2-3 DAL Jason Dickinson (Mattias Janmark)
44:29 2-4 DAL Brett Pollock (Mattias Janmark)
47:41 3-4 DET Robbie Russo (Dylan Larkin) PP
55:27 4-4 DET Andreas Athanasiou (Dylan Larkin)
57:39 5-4 DET Andreas Athanasiou (Tomas Nosek)

Unbelieveable game. Janmark tried to spoil this thing but, no. It looks like our next generation is also full of proven winners. They never surrender. :nod:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
DET - DAL 5-4

1st period
05:22 1-0 DET Dylan Larkin (Andreas Athanasiou) PP
17:15 1-1 DAL Devin Shore (Remi Elie)

2nd period
32:19 1-2 DAL Mattias Janmark (unassisted)
35:09 2-2 DET Evgeny Svechnikov (Vili Saarijärvi, Tomas Nosek)

3rd period
41:19 2-3 DAL Jason Dickinson (Mattias Janmark)
44:29 2-4 DAL Brett Pollock (Mattias Janmark)
47:41 3-4 DET Robbie Russo (Dylan Larkin) PP
55:27 4-4 DET Andreas Athanasiou (Dylan Larkin)
57:39 5-4 DET Andreas Athanasiou (Tomas Nosek)

Unbelieveable game. Janmark tried to spoil this thing but, no. It looks like our next generation is also full of proven winners. They never surrender. :nod:

Thanks for this. Larkin and AA had incredible games it seems!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Chicago lost 5-7 for Carolina.

1. Detroit, 3 gms |3-0-0-0| 9-6 | 9p
2. Carolina, 3gms |1-1-0-1| 12-10 | 5p
3. Dallas, 3 gms |1-0-1-1| 12-12 | 4p
4. Chicago, 3gms |0-0-0-3| 9-14 | 0p

Dallas dropped to 3rd seed because of the loss.

Final games are

1st-2nd places DET-CBJ
3rd-4th places STL-CAR
5th-6th places DAL-MIN
7th-8th places NYR-CHI

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
http://www.wxyz.com/sports/hockey/r...ct-dylan-larkin-scores-goal-in-prospects-camp

1-0 Larkin goal.

Looks like it was all Athanasiou, he dumped the puck in the corner, skated there to forechek it back, then behind the net -pass and Larkin scores in front.

5-4 All Athanasiou. Just skated past defenders and smashed it in. There's some video on Twitter. Can't wait for better highlights.

Here's some video:
http://wrongsideoftheredline.com/20...rospects-blow-2-goal-lead-in-loss-to-detroit/

Did I say something about "sergei fedorov" 2 days ago. :amazed:

WTF is happening?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
http://www.wxyz.com/sports/hockey/r...ct-dylan-larkin-scores-goal-in-prospects-camp

1-0 Larkin goal.

Looks like it was all Athanasiou, he dumped the puck in the corner, skated there to forechek it back, then behind the net -pass and Larkin scores in front.

5-4 All Athanasiou. Just skated past defenders and smashed it in. There's some video on Twitter. Can't wait for better highlights.

WTF is happening?

The guy has been injured with his Jaw being broken and his hand issue in the Playoffs. I think he's finally getting his confidence back. He is exciting to watch thats for sure

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
The guy has been injured with his Jaw being broken and his hand issue in the Playoffs. I think he's finally getting his confidence back. He is exciting to watch thats for sure

Even when I saw him in the playoffs last year, he was electrifying. No matter where he gets the puck on the ice, you feel like he has the chance to pull away from everyone.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Even when I saw him in the playoffs last year, he was electrifying. No matter where he gets the puck on the ice, you feel like he has the chance to pull away from everyone.

I think he did well for a rookie in his first playoffs. He's got all the potential in the world. With Athanasiou, the questions have always been if he could translate his game to the Pro level and then the NHL level. He's doing well so far.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

1-0 Larkin goal.

Here's some video:
http://wrongsideoftheredline.com/20...rospects-blow-2-goal-lead-in-loss-to-detroit/

WTF is happening?

He's a fast overager whose got nearly 80 games of professional experience playing with mostly kids who have never have and never will sniff professional hockey in their lives. Of course he's going to rack up points. I hate to be this guy, but I tend to ignore the performances of players in AA's class because they tend to dominate without any correlation to actual potential talent. Janmark is in the same category.

Last edited:

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
On AA's game winning goal he blew by Julius Honka. For those who don't know, Honka was drafted in the first round last year and is Dallas's best prospect. He had a good year in the AHL as a 19 year old also.

It's good to see AA making plays against competition he will see in the NHL one day.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
He's a fast overager whose got nearly 80 games of professional experience playing with mostly kids who have never have and never will sniff professional hockey in their lives. Of course he's going to rack up points. I hate to be this guy, but I tend to ignore the performances of players in AA's class because they tend to dominate without any correlation to actual potential talent.

I agree with you, but like Larkin it is expected for AA to dominate this tournament. At least he's doing so. It'd be a cause for concern if he wasn't doing well. And if you look at my other post, he's making plays against good players, not just scrubs. He easily beat Julius Honka (top prospect for Dallas) for the GWG goal.

No sensible fans are hyping up him up as the next coming or anything of that sort either. People haven't seen any hockey for a while and tend to get a little carried away at times.

There's a prospect boards thread where Nylander is being really hyped for his performance in a prospect tournament. I haven't seen anything of the sort from Detroit fans.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I agree with you, but like Larkin it is expected for AA to dominate this tournament. At least he's doing so. It'd be a cause for concern if he wasn't doing well. And if you look at my other post, he's making plays against good players, not just scrubs. He easily beat Julius Honka (top prospect for Dallas) for the GWG goal.

No sensible fans are hyping up him up as the next coming or anything of that sort either. People haven't seen any hockey for a while and tend to get a little carried away at times.

There's a prospect boards thread where Nylander is being really hyped for his performance in a prospect tournament. I haven't seen anything of the sort from Detroit fans.

I edited to make the point that Janmark is in the same boat, an overager dominating a tourney full of kids. It's nice to see, but people even jokingly comparing him to Feds is a bit much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad