GDT: Wings @ Hawks, preseason Gm 2, 8:30

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lol Foley "and Veleno takes it to the front of the net AND WHAT A SAVE CRAWFORD! CRAWFORD WITH AN AMAZING SAVE, JUST SPECTACULAR!"
Eddie O "that was quite a move."
Foley "yes it was a good move I didn't think he'd get it to the forehand, but CRAWFORD WAS ABLE TO SHUT THE DOOR AND KEEP THE HAWKS UP ONE!"

I wish I could hear Mickey with an unbiased ear.

topdawg

Jan 17, 2016
Zadina is good at getting open in the offensive zone. All de la rose wants to do is cycle the puck in the corner. Zadina needs someone to make a play. I just think they give him no chance when they play him with a center like that.
They gave him our best playmaking centre in the organization during a prospects tournament and he didn't score 1 goal

Cam13Hemi

Sep 18, 2019
Zadina looks like Tatar always trying to do too much with the puck and giving it up.

Anyone else think Erne took a headshot?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
You’re not allowed to say that here.

:eyeroll:

So far through these two games Puempel has been the Wings best player IMO.

How so? He's gotten some good looks, but hasn't really stood out any other way. He's the same player he's the same player he was last year, and has always been.

Zadina looks like Tatar always trying to do too much with the puck and giving it up.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about Zadina. Again, I think his game will mature with time and experience.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Larsson doing a good job of weathering the storm against Chicago's top players tonight.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
DLR with Zadina just baffles me, other than that's the only center Blash wants him to play with.

Zadina is really trying to do a lot; he's struggling a bit and losing the puck, but the effort is there. The rest of his game should round into form with a little more maturity.

It might be his way of telling Zadina to simplify it and trust his linemates a bit. Rag it up ice, and dump the thing into a corner where DLR can go and bang for it. Zadina is good enough to draw the D, but too often he then just tries to go through more D.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
It might be his way of telling Zadina to simplify it and trust his linemates a bit. Rag it up ice, and dump the thing into a corner where DLR can go and bang for it. Zadina is good enough to draw the D, but too often he then just tries to go through more D.

Makes sense, but I'm definitely not a fan of trying to jam a square peg into a round hole. I wouldn't be surprised if Zadina is moved at some point in the next couple of seasons if he doesn't start toeing the line.

Reactions: ShanahanMan

Christien

May 1, 2010
Not a bad game considering all the young guys we had in the lineup. I think all of our younger players looked a lot more comfortable as the game went on.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad