GDT: Wings @ Hawks, preseason Gm 2, 8:30

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) | Twitter

Ansar Khan‏Verified account @AnsarKhanMLive 3m minutes ago
Larkin, Athanasiou and Bertuzzi haven’t skated the past few days due to what Blashill said are minor injuries. He said they might be available this weekend. #RedWings

RedWings morning skate before tonight’s preseason game at @NHLBlackhawks (8:30, NHL Network joined in progress).

Lines:
Helm-Nielsen-Mantha
Smith-Filppula-Zadina
Erne-Veleno-Kuffner
Loggins-MacLeod-Kestner
That 4th line might be filling in for a line that played last night.

Defense Pairs:
Ericsson-Green
Daley-Seider
DeKeyser-Saarijarvi
Lashoff-Lindstrom

Edit: Bernier has joined the team on the ice so it appears he’s starting tonight and perhaps Larsson will enter midway through the game. #RedWings

Chicago Blackhawks Retweeted
Carter Baum‏ @CarterBaum 4m minutes ago
#Blackhawks morning skate lines at the UC:
Nylander - Toews - Kane
D. Sikura - Highmore - Saarela
Saad - Kampf - Kubalik
Hakkarainen - T. Sikura - Hagel

Keith - Boqvist
Maatta - Seabrook
Gilbert - Holm

Crawford
Gravel

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Larkin, AA, Bert starting the year with minor injuries? I don't remember us holding back our better players in preseason for that in the past. Should we be worried that we're already starting the year with our top guys hurt?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Larkin, AA, Bert starting the year with minor injuries? I don't remember us holding back our better players in preseason for that in the past. Should we be worried that we're already starting the year with our top guys hurt?
From what Howard said, this was the training camp they had was the toughest first day of training camp he's ever had. Seems like maybe those three weren't the most prepared when they got there and got a little injured. That's obviously just speculation, but it's weird they all three were the only ones injured after the first day of training cmap.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Seems like standard procedure, even if they're just feeling something very minor there's absolutely no reason for them to play what's essentially glorified practices unless they're 100%. If they can get 2 or 3 pre-season games that's plenty.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Blash is going to overwork Larkin.
Take the rest while you can get it.

Zetterberg ranked 8th and 21st in TOI his last two years in the league, among NHL forwards.
Larkin was 17th last year.

Since 07-08, only Pavel Datsyuk in 07-08 played more minutes than Larkin did last year.

Z's 16-17 minutes were within 50 of his career high - crazy at his age.

So Blashill likes to ride his top gun.

Reactions: hkydave04

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Jesus Christ are these guys really banged up already? AA, Larkin, Kaski, Abdelkader... Seriously?

Ehh.. from 50-man group there will be every kind of things at this point of the season.

It's just social media asking all the info and giving those details. 10 years ago nobody knew why somebody was off, but people were off.

Last edited:

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
hopefully that new director of human performance has them whipped into shape

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kane actually schooled Seider in a WC exhibition game for a goal but Seider played a great game otherwise.

They rarely meet as right-side D and RW.

But I remember those fun days, when Lidström was always dominating against young Patrick Kane. Left-side D meets RW usually, especially if you matchup the lines & D-pairs against. Lidas just neutralized him, the statline was almost always 0+0 for Kane. Remember one game, where Kane was able to score points, and all came on PP when he got more space off from Lidström.

I'm 100% sure if Kane ever writes a book of his career, he'll mention that taxi driver and Lidström as the toughest opponents ever met.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad