Claimed off Waivers: Wings claim de la Rose

bigbenst

Oct 10, 2017
JDLR is a great player. Deslauriers or Plekanec should have gone on waivers before him, especially in actual circumstances that Montreal is in rebuild.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Great skater, big body, doesn’t use much of it, reliable defensively but his offensive didn’t translate. I think he was rushed into the NHL in a defensive environement, could of development more offensively in a lesser league. Hope he can turn it around with the wings m, he looks better at the end of last season!
He never had much offense to begin with.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I was going to make a comment that JDL is a very solid pk'er, and Montreal last year had the 2nd worst pk, but then I saw that in the ~50 minutes of pk time JDL had last year, he was on the ice for 10 powerplay goals against which is a rather large number. From the eye test because of his speed he looks like a very good PK'er, and an asset to any team, it'll be interesting to see how Detroit utilizes him. If he excels on the PK there, it's proof that MTL's PK strategy is garbage and it's not the players.
And if he doesn't excell on the PK than what does it mean?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wings don't look good so why not? But right now they look like they are taking a run at Hughes this summer.

What are you talking about? We are 0-5-2, that is pretty good, if I don't say so myself! Admittedly, we are going to hit a bad spot coming up here, when the veteran D all return from injury, but for now, we are living large!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Vanilla player that doesn't contribute to a single aspect of the game. Not going to be missed.

He definitely shies away from confrontation. Take this sequence from 2016, there was a third punch thrown by Domi (not shown) and he just kept taking it:

IeJVrZn.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
JDLR is a great player. Deslauriers or Plekanec should have gone on waivers before him, especially in actual circumstances that Montreal is in rebuild.

They're in a rebuild denial that they're calling a "reset", whatever that means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad