Claimed off Waivers: Wings claim de la Rose

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ohh well didn't think anyone would take him but I guess with the way things are going for the wings defensively this season they figure he might be able to help.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Reminds me a bit of what happened with Kyle Chipchura and I foresee a smilar career path. (KHL down the road).

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Great pickup by the Wings. Horrible asset management by the habs again.
They tried to move him and had no takers, someone had to go ( deslauriers and shaw coming back). I'm not a big fan of sherback at all but if one of them had to go its pretty easy to see why DLR was chosen. the hopes would be if he wasn't claimed he could go to laval, he's a far bottom sixer who, and this is not to be mean to JDLR, is a dime a dozen.

he's going to detroit and will certainly see more ice time there than he would in montreal. I wish him well in all of his future endeavors.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Dang. Who is Montreal going to use as a toss-in for every proposal now? :dunno:

Shaw likely will have his turn, Delaurais will rotate in as needed, and Plek will see some time in the proposals. I think the heavy 'randomly thrown into trade' minutes will be taken by Jordie Benn and Sherback though depending on how play goes we might see Shlemko take Benny's spot in the trade proposals but it doesn't seem likely.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
How can you say that drafting 5 x 1st round picks (Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, McCarron (cleared waiver), Possibly Scherbak) and 4 x 2nd round picks (DLR, Fucale, Collberg, Thrower) in the span of 6 years (2009 to 2014) and have nothing to show for it right now as being labelled successful assets management, I guess you must blind.

The habs asset management the past few years has been horrible and this is another proof of that.

That's not asset management that's bad drafting. When you talk about asset management losing De La Rose right now isn't a big deal. The habs really don't need another guy that can't score.

Your post reads completely differently from what you think it does in the context of this thread.

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
not surprised . DLR might still become a lars eller type C if he can find his offensive game. ****ty asset management from habs

I don't get this comment. Losing a 13th/14th forward to waivers happens to all teams. It is not ****ty management to have better players on the roster than the ones that get waived.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
OK, interesting. Its not that he will lower the average skill level of the Red Wings.

Of course not, he belong on a 4th line in the NHL. He's pretty solid defensively and on the PK and could produce from 10-20 points.

Good claim by Detroit. MTL wasn't going to put Scherbak on waivers so it was between DLR/Plekanec/Peca. Peca have been pretty solid in the preseason and got 2 assists last game while been dangerous all game long.

MTL will need to make another move pretty soon since Deslauriers is coming back. Again Peca/Plekanec/Deslauriers might go on waivers. We all hope its Plekanec but God knows what Bergevin will do.....

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
He would have been better fitted developing as a D. Below average hands/playmaking/grittiness/shot(could argue average), above average speed/size/Dgame. Not a big loss. He doesn't really help you win hockey games because he is black hole offensively.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
How can you say that drafting 5 x 1st round picks (Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, McCarron (cleared waiver), Possibly Scherbak) and 4 x 2nd round picks (DLR, Fucale, Collberg, Thrower) in the span of 6 years (2009 to 2014) and have nothing to show for it right now as being labelled successful assets management, I guess you must blind.

The habs asset management the past few years has been horrible and this is another proof of that.

How on earth did you miss seeing Galchenyuk, and Lehkonen and Gallagher? Name a 2nd round pick in 2013 when DLR was drafted that was better? There is one and his name is Lehkonen.

Reactions: BabyPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad