Claimed off Waivers: Wings claim de la Rose

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... I have to say that I'm absolutely not surprised by the turn of events, considering what I've seen from the Wings Monday.
JDLR is okay if playing on your 4th line. Otherwise, you're looking at a serious lack of creativity and offence if he plays more than 8-ish minutes of ES hockey. Can kill penalties.

Reactions: Dingo

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Good pick up, he can help a team defensively. I still think he has the potential to produce 25-30 pts a year eventually.
He's big and can held his own skating wise in this new faster NHL. His shot is strong but lacks accuracy, doesn't have really good offensive creativity/IQ.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Great skater, big body, doesn’t use much of it, reliable defensively but his offensive didn’t translate. I think he was rushed into the NHL in a defensive environement, could of development more offensively in a lesser league. Hope he can turn it around with the wings m, he looks better at the end of last season!

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Great pickup by the Wings. Horrible asset management by the habs again.
How? He’s nothing more than a 4th liner and couldn’t stand out from the plethora of bottom six players we have. He’s a fine defensive player with no offensive upside that he’s shown or creativity.

It’s what others in here have said — he’s more of a Marcus Kruger.

Reactions: schnapshot and Seb

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I like DLR - I think he will do well with the Red Wings - I would have liked the Habs to keep him - I guess this means they are keeping Kotkaniemi? I would have preferred to send Kotkaniemi back to Finland this year and to have kept DLR with the Habs and see how he plays this season.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
How? He’s nothing more than a 4th liner and couldn’t stand out from the plethora of bottom six players we have. He’s a fine defensive player with no offensive upside that he’s shown or creativity.

It’s what others in here have said — he’s more of a Marcus Kruger.
You are missing the big picture here. It lets the Wings move our studs of Helm and Abdelkader to the top 6. Think outside the box my friend.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
How can you say that drafting 5 x 1st round picks (Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, McCarron (cleared waiver), Possibly Scherbak) and 4 x 2nd round picks (DLR, Fucale, Collberg, Thrower) in the span of 6 years (2009 to 2014) and have nothing to show for it right now as being labelled successful assets management, I guess you must blind.

The habs asset management the past few years has been horrible and this is another proof of that.

Reactions: BobbyShehan

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
not surprised . DLR might still become a lars eller type C if he can find his offensive game. ****ty asset management from habs

This guy has been trying to make the Habs for 5 straight seasons and hasn't. Pretty sure he has been given enough chances to stick.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
not surprised . DLR might still become a lars eller type C if he can find his offensive game. ****ty asset management from habs

Where is he going to find that offense?
23 years old and hasn't produce offense at a good rate in any of the league he's played since being drafted.

At least Eller had 57 pts in the ahl. De la rose best season was 31 pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad