Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Christian Djoos from ANA

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
FWIW, I also want to point out that the reason why Djoos played for the Caps in their Cup season was because Nate Schmidt got picked in the expansion draft. Let's keep in mind that he lost his roster spot to Nick Jensen.

... and Cholo is trash, lol. I'll bet anyone he never plays a full season in the NHL, and will be in Europe or out of hockey within 5 years. Loser changes his username to "ButtKraken" for a minimum of one season. Don't bother arguing with me unless you're willing to take the bet.

Do injuries count against the "full season?"

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Do injuries count against the "full season?"
Depending on the length of injury....

If it's less than 12 games, then I would count it as a full season. If he goes on extended LTIR, then the bet gets pushed to the next season. If he has a career ending injury, then it's a tie.

It's a bet that will take a while to play out anyways.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am one of Cholo's last remaining supporters. He is a flawed player in an organization with MANY other flawed defensemen. He should not, however, be handed a roster spot and he does need to find a way to outplay a couple of the recent additions (which if we are being honest, is not an insurmountable task). I haven't given up on him, but he does need to find a way to make a consistently stronger case for himself. Taxi squad until GR starts is fine with me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I am one of Cholo's last remaining supporters. He is a flawed player in an organization with MANY other flawed defensemen. He should not, however, be handed a roster spot and he does need to find a way to outplay a couple of the recent additions (which if we are being honest, is not an insurmountable task). I haven't given up on him, but he does need to find a way to make a consistently stronger case for himself. Taxi squad until GR starts is fine with me.

Cholo has a good place to learn as Griffins 1st PP quarterback.

Is still waiver-exempt, thanks to ELC.

Let's just see other options first. He comes to play if Hronek or Djoos are hurt.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No, everyone likes to spout their opinion as fact, but when challenged with a bet, everyone backs down.

Might as well let aliens have the planet before we destroy it anyways.
They're likely millenia more advanced then us, I agree, let 'em show mankind the way. Most of the planet is too stupid/misinformed/ignorant to know they're too stupid/misinformed/ignorant (weakest link endgame).

I think if you change the "K" to "Crackin' " you'd find a riverboat gambler.

EDIT: we have a bet.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They're likely millenia more advanced then us, I agree, let 'em show mankind the way. Most of the planet is too stupid/misinformed/ignorant to know they're too stupid/misinformed/ignorant (weakest link endgame).

I think if you change the "K" to "Crackin' " you'd find a riverboat gambler.

EDIT: we have a bet.
RedMenace already took the bet, it would be unfair for me to take 2 bets.

The whole thing is a joke on the Seattle Kraken name, btw.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Is still waiver-exempt, thanks to ELC.

Let's just see other options first. He comes to play if Hronek or Djoos are hurt.
ELC has nothing to do with waiver eligibility, that is determined by age, years signed, and number of games played.

For example, if a 21 yo players signs an ELC and plays 80 games that first season, that player has to go through waivers even though he has 2 years remaining on the ELC.

NHL Waiver Rules (thehockeywriters.com)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
ELC has nothing to do with waiver eligibility, that is determined by age, years signed, and number of games played.

So ELC has something to do with waiver eligibility. Because with SPCs won't.

For example, if a 21 yo players signs an ELC and plays 80 games that first season, that player has to go through waivers even though he has 2 years remaining on the ELC.

NHL Waiver Rules (thehockeywriters.com)

Is still waiver-exempt, thanks to ELC and game amounts. So ELC finally has something to do with waiver eligibility. You said it has nothing to do.

Better now? when you missed the REAL message. Like how Cholowski has a good spot for development.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

67702281.jpg

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
11:06 tonight. I think he got glued to the bench after that careless giveaway right in front of Greiss.

I wonder if he'll get scratched for the next game.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
11:06 tonight. I think he got glued to the bench after that careless giveaway right in front of Greiss.

I wonder if he'll get scratched for the next game.
Scratch young players for making mistakes, and they'll never develop. Benching was the right move because the team had a lead for once, lol, and Greiss needed his first win.

It doesn't sound like DDK is coming back for a while, and it's a steep dropoff if Djoos doesn't play. We're looking at Biega or Cholo.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
As long as Yzerman won't trade for Tony DeAngelo, Cholowski is the only option, because he can take the PP duty. But maybe he is now locked on Griffins.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, why not. I'll bite.

You've got a bet, man.
Cholo on waivers again, do you remember the bet?

Edit: Reclaimed by the Kraken and sent down to their AHL affiliate. Looks like he's AHL fodder for their new AHL team next season. If Seattle was able to reclaim him and send him down, that means nobody else put in a claim.

Last edited:

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Cholo on waivers again, do you remember the bet?

Edit: Reclaimed by the Kraken and sent down to their AHL affiliate. Looks like he's AHL fodder for their new AHL team next season. If Seattle was able to reclaim him and send him down, that means nobody else put in a claim.
Another Ken Holland gem! And he fired Tippett he is next.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If there's any question, this is the bet I was talking about earlier.

Sure, you didn't take the bet, but someone else did.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00