Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Christian Djoos from ANA

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Per Djoos' son right?
Yes, said that on his EP I was just looking at.
Son of a highly skilled offensive defenseman Pär Djoos. Christian, does not have the same level of offensive flair as his father, but is on the other hand a much better skater (although not great) and more sound defensively. He likes to join the rush and is a good passer. Somewhat undersized and needs to bulk up. Defensive game needs fine-tuning as well. (EP 2012)

Reactions: Sparty

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I would like to see him in the lineup over Staal immediately. I can’t imagine we are claiming people off waivers before the season without plans to use them in some capacity.

Reactions: lilidk

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I was under the impression he was thought higher of than waiver fodder. Not that he’s some superstar or top 4 player even, but I remember him playing decent minutes for Washington the year they won it.

Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Stercher
Merrill-Djoos

Cholowski/Lindstrom/Biega

That’s not a good d core, probably still bottom 3 in the league, but each of the starting 6 are the very least bonafide NHLers. One thing I like about our 3 D adds this year is they all have experience playing playoff minutes for good teams. Should help improve the culture tremendously and add stability

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Wasn’t this kid with Washington playing regular when they were on their Stanley cup run?

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Wasn’t this kid with Washington playing regular when they were on their Stanley cup run?
Yes. All of Stevie’s defense additions this off season have surprisingly good playoff experience playing on good teams. If he was the 6th best dman on Washington at that time, he’s damn well good enough for our third pairing

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Very good pickup. I was extremely impressed with his play last year. Suprised Anahiem dropped him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hmm, same kind of stats (3-year) as Merril and Stecher had 5-on-5. I see a pattern in here.

Manages a low GAA. Could be goaltender luck or could be doing right things to help the goaltender.

Merrill, 2.45 - 1.94 (GF%: 55.8%) Team-highest GF%, Team-Lowest GAA (3-year data, 5-on-5, +100 games)
Stecher, 2.42 - 2.25 (GF%: 51.9%) Team-highest GF%, Team-Lowest GAA (3-year data, 5-on-5, +100 games)
Djoos, 2.93 - 2.03 (GF%: 59.1% (Best GF% both at ANA & WSH, 3-year data, 5-on-5, +100 games)

Djoos didn't really play on special teams, like Merril and Stecher have been at least on PK.

Maybe Marc Staal is gone after his jerk comments?

Last edited:

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Things are getting crowded on the back end. All but signals cholo and biega are out

hronek
DK
Merrill
Stecher
Nemeth
Djoos
Staal

would like pairs to be

DK- Hronek
Djoos- Stecher
Nemeth/Staal- Merrill

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Glad to see we’re active. Seems like another Fabbri type signing by Yzerman. From what I’ve seen it sounds like this guy might have a little more to give than what was shown. Not that he’s gonna be a #1D, but it’s good to see us continuing to make moves to improve the team. Even if they’re baby steps.

I wonder if there’s a trade coming (wishful thinking) or if we’re just gonna load up the taxi squad with our other Dmen.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Can someone catch me up on the Staal drama?

MBH claims to have heard Staal on a hot mic during the scrimmage last night saying “this is what I signed up for?” or something to that extent. I haven’t seen anyone else seconding that claim, but that’s the whole backstory.

Reactions: Killerjas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->