Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Christian Djoos from ANA

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Things are getting crowded on the back end. All but signals cholo and biega are out

hronek
DK
Merrill
Stecher
Nemeth
Djoos
Staal

would like pairs to be

DK- Hronek
Djoos- Stecher
Nemeth/Staal- Merrill
I like those pairing much better, yeah Biega is probably gone at the Trade Deadline. Cholo 1 for 1 for Roslovic or hopefully to Seattle for the expansion draft.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Hmm, same kind of stats (3-year) as Merril and Stecher had 5-on-5. I see a pattern in here.

Manages a low GAA. Could be goaltender luck or could be doing right things to help the goaltender.

Merrill, 2.45 - 1.94 (GF%: 55.8%) Team-highest GF%, Team-Lowest GAA (3-year data, 5-on-5, +100 games)
Stecher, 2.42 - 2.25 (GF%: 51.9%) Team-highest GF%, Team-Lowest GAA (3-year data, 5-on-5, +100 games)
Djoos, 2.93 - 2.03 (GF%: 59.1% (Best GF% both at ANA & WSH, 3-year data, 5-on-5, +100 games)

Djoos didn't really play on special teams, like Merril and Stecher have been at least on PK.

Maybe Marc Staal is gone after his jerk comments?
Wouldn't break my heart if Staal is gone, He was pretty much out of line with that remark.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Wouldn't break my heart if Staal is gone, He was pretty much out of line with that remark.
Holy. f***ing. Shit.

Why are you people so committed to baselessly destroying a mans reputation????

Stop. You are wrong. You are making things up that flat out didn’t happen. It’s online for you to see for yourself. Stop.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
I thought Stevie Y wanted one more vet dman.

But like this move. 26yr old fits in with the age group of the team and if resigned will develop nicely with the team.
Can move the puck good and has a little offense to his game.

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
Caps fan (if my avatar wasn't obvious enough).

Djoos is great. He's a little guy but he's a verrry slick skater, has pretty damn good hands for a defenseman, and a good offensive hockey IQ. He's not gonna take over any games or anything but he'll consistently be the guy who you're like "Holy shit. He just did that. He can do that?"

Unfortunately there was a log jam for the Caps so he got forced out but he should be a solid bottom 4 defenseman on any NHL team.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Holy. f***ing. Shit.

Why are you people so committed to baselessly destroying a mans reputation????

Stop. You are wrong. You are making things up that flat out didn’t happen. It’s online for you to see for yourself. Stop.
Hey! Don’t let truth get in the way of good humor!

in other news, this Eric Staal guy is such an asshole.

Reactions: FMichael

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'm seeing mostly positive comments on the Trade Board Djoos thread: "solid, good puck mover, good 3rd pairing, IQ, some offense, small but effective" etc.

This one concerned me: "His giveaways seem to be a lot for a guy with limited minutes and who isn't the primary puck carrier on his tandem.
I mean, he's fine for a waiver pick up and better than playing Marc Staal, but other than that he's basically at best a 7th dman on any kind of team."

Either way, I like the move, LD depth, free asset, PMD.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Super happy with the pickup. Our bottom 4 D are already a ton better than the last couple of years, which will help a lot with our consistency and our goaltending. Hopefully our Forward corps will be improved enough to make the nightly efforts more consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad